Maybe We Were Wrong

The Blue Devils coming out and doing a greatest hits show of Phil Collins, Barry Manilow, and Rick Astley would be more interesting than this topic.

and more interesting than their 2010 show, as well... :sleeping:

and more interesting than their 2010 show, as well... :sleeping:

Yes the Ninja icon makes your trolling alright... nice :sleeping:

I meant to focus on the cool Youtube video. I agree that this topic is old...I was siting in the front row on the 40 when it happened. Next time I'll just post the video.

I'm a hobbyist photographer, and photographers have a saying that covers screw-ups, a saying that applies equally well to fracking soloists:

"It was my artistic vision."

I remember watching a Jamie Aebersold instructional video in my high school jazz band, and he said that "in jazz, there are no wrong notes, only bad choices". I was also a fan of his advice on how to not get lost when reading a chart: "the best way to never get lost is to know where you are at all times".

I meant to focus on the cool Youtube video. I agree that this topic is old...I was siting in the front row on the 40 when it happened. Next time I'll just post the video.

Oh, you actually wanted us to CLICK the link and not just rake this old poop over the coals again. Ah, but then you couldn't have gotten a discussion going on this link in this specific forum because it wouldn't be DCI.

OK, so this time I actually clicked on it.

I saw Cat Anderson live a couple of times, and that was a mind blowing experience for a young trumpet player, I'll tell you. That was a very cool effect he got at the end of the score for Anatomy Of A Murder where he's almost quietly clicking off those screamer notes like a dysfunctional EKG or sonar ping. That's even harder to do (with deliberate control) than just wailing up to it. So yeah, we'll give props to the BD soloist.

The Blue Devils coming out and doing a greatest hits show of Phil Collins, Barry Manilow, and Rick Astley would be more interesting than this topic.
The Blue Devils: RickRollin' your way in 2011.

I just farted.

Sorry......it's just that the thread deteriorated to the point where I felt mentioning my fart was OK.

I just farted.

Sorry......it's just that the thread deteriorated to the point where I felt mentioning my fart was OK.

Was it one of those quiet, yet deadly, sulpuric silent defenders or one of those highly audible San Andreas fault rumblers?

Man, is this thread really going down the crapper!

Ya know... I could actually go for that show.

Sussido would be great on the field. :P

In The Air Tonight can be the ballad...