What show whould you rather see....

What show (of the two) would you pay to see again?  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• 1995 Madison Scouts
    • 2010 Blue Devils

Oh, my "undies" are far from in a bunch....I am in touch with reality and know very well how things work, and how much DCP hates the Blue Devils for their consistent success, unmatched and unprecedented competition results and...thankfully, in the real world, they have plenty of fans that love their 2010 show...carry on with your less than complimentary proceedings here at DCP !!

G

They sure DID!

GolfClap.gif

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, my "undies" are far from in a bunch....I am in touch with reality and know very well how things work, and how much DCP hates the Blue Devils for their consistent success, unmatched and unprecedented competition results and...thankfully, in the real world, they have plenty of fans that love their 2010 show...carry on with your less than complimentary proceedings here at DCP !!

G

His post was more then applicable. When The Cavaliers were winning year after year they got tooons of flak here on DCP.

Unmatched in competition? No. Completely matched. The Cavaliers have won more championships and contests (Drum Corps International, VFW, American Legion) than any other drum and bugle corps in the history of the activity. They are the only junior drum and bugle corps, besides the Blue Devils (1982, 1994, 2009, and 2010) to experience two undefeated seasons — 1961 and 2002. The Cavaliers also hold the record for the most consecutive victories of any drum and bugle corps with 63 first place finishes in a row over three seasons.

So yes BD may have more DCI rings, but that does not make them, in any way, unmatched. And I'm sure there is at least 1 other DBC that could also put up impressive numbers.

As far as "the real world" goes...yes I'm sure you know many many people who like BDs show. But it's not just DCP. I live in Texas and have yet to meet a single person who liked BDs show that wasn't a CMM, FMM or family. Not any of my students, any of my peers at the grad school or in the undergrads, and not any of my corps=fan friends. They all thought it was very well executed, and a handful (myself included) loved the move where they dissapeared behind the mirrors. But no. Here in DFW 2010 BD was far from fan favorite.

Who knows, every other area may have completely different views. But I'm being honest when I provide that as evidence that you can't hide behind "DCP just doesn't like us."

G

I think it might be helpful though to differentiate between those fans that are jealous of the Blue Devils success and those who simply found the DD show in 2010 unsatisfying from an enjoyment perspective. They are not the same fan base, imo. I have no dog in this hunt, for instance. I have no jealous thoughts about the Blue Devils success. I think it's pretty neat to see their complete dominance over the competition the last 2 years as a matter of fact. That said, their show last year was unfulfilling for me. And I know that I'm hardly the only one in this camp. For some fans... the jealous ones.... usually connected to other Corps... the Blue Devils could have had the fans eating out of the palm of their hands and jumping up midway through their 2010 show in approval, but it would not have made any difference in how they view the Blue Devils. But that's not me. And I 'd just caution you not to confuse the jealous BD fan with the unfulfilled/disappointed BD fan. They are not neccessarily one and the same.

Edited by BRASSO

His post was more then applicable. When The Cavaliers were winning year after year they got tooons of flak here on DCP.

Unmatched in competition? No. Completely matched. The Cavaliers have won more championships and contests (Drum Corps International, VFW, American Legion) than any other drum and bugle corps in the history of the activity. They are the only junior drum and bugle corps, besides the Blue Devils (1982, 1994, 2009, and 2010) to experience two undefeated seasons — 1961 and 2002. The Cavaliers also hold the record for the most consecutive victories of any drum and bugle corps with 63 first place finishes in a row over three seasons.

So yes BD may have more DCI rings, but that does not make them, in any way, unmatched. And I'm sure there is at least 1 other DBC that could also put up impressive numbers.

As far as "the real world" goes...yes I'm sure you know many many people who like BDs show. But it's not just DCP. I live in Texas and have yet to meet a single person who liked BDs show that wasn't a CMM, FMM or family. Not any of my students, any of my peers at the grad school or in the undergrads, and not any of my corps=fan friends. They all thought it was very well executed, and a handful (myself included) loved the move where they dissapeared behind the mirrors. But no. Here in DFW 2010 BD was far from fan favorite.

Who knows, every other area may have completely different views. But I'm being honest when I provide that as evidence that you can't hide behind "DCP just doesn't like us."

yawn.....

as far as the DCI era goes, the Blue Devils are unmatched in competition, fans of the others will come on and present a semi-valid argument, facts are facts....debate and tear down all you want.

G

Wow, 3 moths later ad there is still disdain for 2010 BD !! LOL

G

or people just liked Madison better?

Edited by Jeff Ream

G

could it be...gasp...people just hate BD's show? I could give 2 ##### who wins, I have no fave ( I did but they stopped being good about 8 years ago and moved far, far away, plus were never in the hunt for title), but maybe that show is just...gasp...that unpopular and it has nothing to do with winning or losing?

could it be...gasp...people just hate BD's show?...

If a user goes out their way to say the same year for ANY corps "sucks" over and over again in multiple threads, it's a pretty good indicator that the hatred is rooted pretty deep (pathological, even) and existed previously.

By default it's Madsion '95 as I was there at finals and saw it live, I have not seen any shows from this year so I can't say. That being said you can take any cahmpion from any year and probably find at least one show that a majority of people will saw they woudl rather watch if given the choice. Sometimes even the same year.

For example, I'll take a ntoher year I was there live for as an example. I'd rather watch Devils '92 then Cavaliers '92.

If a user goes out their way to say the same year for ANY corps "sucks" over and over again in multiple threads, it's a pretty good indicator that the hatred is rooted pretty deep (pathological, even) and existed previously.

but you'd be wrong. may of us who have expressed extreme dislike for BD, say 08-10, are people who loved them for years and years

yawn.....

as far as the DCI era goes, the Blue Devils are unmatched in competition, fans of the others will come on and present a semi-valid argument, facts are facts....debate and tear down all you want.

G

Ya ok. But what else should I expect from a devil? Classy bunch you guys. ;)