What show whould you rather see....

What show (of the two) would you pay to see again?  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• 1995 Madison Scouts
    • 2010 Blue Devils

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell, Anyone 1995 should win! :smile:

It's hard to know for sure how others who were around in 1995 and in 2010 would respond, but I 'd prefer to watch all the 12 Finalist Corps from 1995 rather than the DCI Champion from this past year. That said,the talent of this year's DCI Champion was definately superb. Nobody can take the high level of of overall section efficiency away from them.

except when it doesn't work for us, we're haters, apparently.

even when we post wearing BD gear from past years :smile:

it induces narcolepsy in most people out there, artsy and jimjobebob alike, whether we're talking about in the 50s or the 00s. nothing monumental about it.

No, no, and no, there's no way anyone would be bored with that energy, that drill, that music from a Madison Scouts G bugle hornline. I don't care how unfamiliar you are with the idiom or what your musical background is. Just...no.

No, no, and no, there's no way anyone would be bored with that energy, that drill, that music from a Madison Scouts G bugle hornline. I don't care how unfamiliar you are with the idiom or what your musical background is. Just...no.

89-99 was the time i was most into dci. the number of hours i spent in my youth showing drum corps to non marching music people is huge...and the uber-poplular shows like madison 95 uniformly induced narcolepsy as much as any other shows. i cajoled teachers at school to show my vhs tapes during class time thanks to my enthusiasm, and it still had little effect on just about everybody. the best reaction i saw from non-music geek friends was phantom 93...with very faithful arrangements of ginastera's music.

just yes.

there's a reason it has always been a niche activity, and that it's not anything resembling a mainstream entertainment medium, and never has been and never will be, even back in the supposed glory days when there were another 10-15k more people attending finals and it was being shown on...um...pbs.

time to grow up, people.

89-99 was the time i was most into dci. the number of hours i spent in my youth showing drum corps to non marching music people is huge...and the uber-poplular shows like madison 95 uniformly induced narcolepsy as much as any other shows. i cajoled teachers at school to show my vhs tapes during class time thanks to my enthusiasm, and it still had little effect on just about everybody. the best reaction i saw from non-music geek friends was phantom 93...with very faithful arrangements of ginastera's music.

Try live shows. At least for me, that seemed to work on a parent, ex-girlfriend and foreign exchange student or two...

there's a reason it has always been a niche activity, and that it's not anything resembling a mainstream entertainment medium, and never has been and never will be, even back in the supposed glory days when there were another 10-15k more people attending finals and it was being shown on...um...pbs.

Interested in hearing it.

Try live shows. At least for me, that seemed to work on a parent, ex-girlfriend and foreign exchange student or two...

Interested in hearing it.

questions/comments i get after live shows the most:

why so loud?

why don't they make shapes of real things?

they are good at playing, but i don't really like it (most in 90-97 when i took people to live shows).

you have a set of expectations and experiences. congrats. other people exist.