What shows have not made sense to you in dci history?

Lance

not asking which shows you don't care for, but which shows you really never understood. a short explanation of what you didn't understand would be nice. otherwise it will just turn into another one of those hate threads.

just curious.

Awesome! Way to read the OP instructions, 3 people!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q) Spirit : " Forging an Icon " 2010 ( this theme should have been named " Forcing an Ironic " )

This is funny because that show concept was as clear as day.

Shows I didn't understand:

1. BD 2009 - I don't see the correlation between the year 1930 and chairs. It's like Easter and rabbits.

2. Spirit 2008 - Something about the number 4? Or boxes? I don't get this show...and I marched in it!

3. Crown 2010 - I loved the show. I just didn't understand it completely. There was lots of character stuff going on that I guess I missed, just because it was too hard to follow.

That's about all I've got.

Um, no.

It's an " exclamation " point show theme.... you're right. Typo.( I was constantly risking absurdity with it )

Awesome! Way to read the OP instructions, 3 people!

Anybody want to explain the Madison Scouts show theme of 2008 of " La Noche del La Iguana... Intelligencia, Pasion, Progresso " ? What percentage of attending fans at shows do you think fully understood the various beginning, middle, and final segments, where presumbably it all came together for fans in a coherent manner ? 3% ? 15% ? 50% ? nobody ?

Edited by BRASSO

Anything that is named in an esoteric manner, makes my go to the dictionary but still leaves me confused, or has no real meaning conveyed through the music and drill. Pretty much 90% of all show titles from Y2k to the present!

WINNER!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

To add on to my previous post, there are definitely more shows that I don't really get...but they're far too entertaining for me to care (SCV '07, Bluecoats '09, to name a few).

Oh true. There are shows that are entertaining but are as confused as can be. Many of The Velvet Knights shows were positively insane too. They were funny. Many fans found their shows entertaining for needed and neccessary comic relief, in an activity that oftentimes took themselves waaaaay too seriously. It's Drum Corps and Marching Band. Not the Metropolitan Opera, or the Vienna Symphony.

Edited by BRASSO

Oh true. There are shows that are entertaining but are as confused as can be. Many of The Velvet Knights shows were positively insane too. They were funny. Many fans found their shows entertaining for needed and neccessary comic relief, in an activity that oftentimes took themselves waaaaay too seriously. It's Drum Corps and Marching Band. Not the Metropolitan Opera, or the Vienna Symphony.

The thing is that tose top 12 VK shows, as well as the Bridgemen, of yester-year only had the huge comic effect because they were performed with very high quality!

Here's a few ( no particular order)

a) SCV : " ! " ...... 2007 ( it's an exclamation point show, that needed more explanation )

No thats one I show that i "got" That, "!" is slang with me and my buds in computer speak. Its our way of flipping someone the "bird" I always figured they had broken our code or thought like us and where flippin us, the audiance the bird.

I figured as time went on that more and more people knew this and used that sign language as their approval for SCV.

Cause I get people all the time who shot me the SCV "bird", mostly while im driving here in the metro area and mostly from other drivers but i just thought perhaps SCV just had a big following here in the midwest. So when I see complete strangers flipping me the SCV "!", I just smile and flip them right back.