RIP Gerry Tremblay

Most of you on this forum have never heard of Gerry Tremblay.

Gerry was killed in a horrible car crash just outside of Hamilton, Ontario yesterday afternoon.

Gerry was a LONG time member of Mighty St. Joe's Alumni Corps playing in the mellophone section. Prior to that he marched with the Hamilton Firefighters Drum Corps, Niagara Regionaires Sr. Drum Corps, many years with the Guelph Royalaires and as a kid with Preston Scout House in the early 1960's.

Gerry wasn't the soloist, wasn't the famous arranger, wasn't the well-known corps director. Gerry was a quiet, kind, gentle guy who just marched in the line....and you could always count on him to be there. He loved drum corps more than anything. Every year at MSJ he would say "This is my last year" and he always turned up at the first rehearsal of the new year. He enjoyed his friends and the fellowship we all know in senior and alumni corps and those of us who knew him will miss him ever so much.

There are no arrangements yet...

RIP Gerry Tremblay.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of you on this forum have never heard of Gerry Tremblay.

Gerry was killed in a horrible car crash just outside of Hamilton, Ontario yesterday afternoon.

Gerry was a LONG time member of Mighty St. Joe's Alumni Corps playing in the mellophone section. Prior to that he marched with the Hamilton Firefighters Drum Corps, Niagara Regionaires Sr. Drum Corps, many years with the Guelph Royalaires and as a kid with Preston Scout House in the early 1960's.

Gerry wasn't the soloist, wasn't the famous arranger, wasn't the well-known corps director. Gerry was a quiet, kind, gentle guy who just marched in the line....and you could always count on him to be there. He loved drum corps more than anything. Every year at MSJ he would say "This is my last year" and he always turned up at the first rehearsal of the new year. He enjoyed his friends and the fellowship we all know in senior and alumni corps and those of us who knew him will miss him ever so much.

There are no arrangements yet...

RIP Gerry Tremblay.

I can't tell you how sad I am right now. You summed Gerry up to a "T", he is one of those that made it a joy to be out front. He always was a SOLID corps member, I thoroughly enjoyed working with him. He was one of those guys that MADE the corps. Like you said, not the star, not the instructor, the bigshots, whatever. Just a guy in the trenches that got the job done.

I really, really appreciated him, and I will miss seeing him, he was a sweetheart.

Please provide any details.

thanks Bruce

Edited by ereese

I played with Gerry for 7 or 8 years in St Joes. He was as Ed and Bruce have said, a really good guy that liked drum corps a lot. In the years after, when we were not playing together, we always chatted when we met, and it was always about DC.

It will sure seem strange not seeing Gerry play that mellophone. RIP Gerry...I bet they have one heck of a mellophone section up there....

Dick P

RIP Gerry. Our prayers are with you and your family.

Geeez we lost one of the good ones Gerry was a great guy always had a smile and laugh it was infectious I had the priviledge of marching with him with Guelph in the 80s he will be missed RIP Gerry they just got another great player up there :tongue::tongue:

I'm sure everyone in St Joes will miss Gerry, he was always the first to say he played the wrong note, even if it wasn't him, a happy, great guy, everyone will miss him. Rest in Peace Gerry you will probably play first in the big corps in the sky.

Edited by bariman50

Gerry sounds like one of the guys I would have liked to call a friend.

RIP Gerry

This is terrible news; Gerry and I were the best of friends and spent so many years together

in the Guelph Royalaires and Niagara Regionnaires. We always shared rooms at DCA and

had such great times together. Gerry's passion was always drum corps and it showed.

After the Regionnaires, Gerry went to MSJ, of which he always talked fondly. I carried on

competing, but we always crossed paths at many DCA shows.

Gerry was always a solid player, on both soprano and mellophone; the kind of guy any corps would love to have in their line.

Please post any arrangements when they become available.

I can't believe this has happened...

RIP my old friend,

I will miss you.