Carolina Crown 2011: Rach Star

If people have not figured out Crown's philosophy on programming and culture you probably will never get it. Even when I marched in the early 90's, it was about performing your best and having a great time, entertaining. (well, and early on for survival) The core values have not changed. They have just gotten stronger and better.

They will be in the mix in the end. They always are. The title is an awesome goal for any corps. However, I think some corps get lost in the fever of title chases and forget about what the activity is really about. Entertainment, especially in today's climate.

Crown is gonna "rock!" every stadium they are in this season, and I am looking forward to watching every other corps give it their all and let the best corps win.

I agree. Even if it's not a judges favorite, after listening to this (and I understand that this is "pre-season") I think Crown will be a fan favorite with this selection. I am looking forward to seeing them on the big screen on Monday night and again in Minneapolis halfway through the season.

• Like 2

I agree. Even if it's not a judges favorite, after listening to this (and I understand that this is "pre-season") I think Crown will be a fan favorite with this selection. I am looking forward to seeing them on the big screen on Monday night and again in Minneapolis halfway through the season.

Don't let the armchair quarterback analysis here on DCP mislead you. The designers at Crown have a proven track record of producing fan-favorite shows that also play very well with the judging community.

Rach the house Crown !!

• Like 1

Don't let the armchair quarterback analysis here on DCP mislead you. The designers at Crown have a proven track record of producing fan-favorite shows that also play very well with the judging community.

Rach the house Crown !!

Very Much Agreed!!

• Like 1

FWIW, you can email Youtube and pretty easily get them to yank the video: that is well within your/Crown's rights. I'm sure you know that, and I can 100% understand your frustrations to not only have your show 'leak' before its debut, but also to hear the armchair quarterbacks/critics bi#$% about the show.

Good luck this season; while you will not be coming out to my neck of the woods this summer (Southern California), I will indeed be watching/enjoying your performances via Fan Network

Thanks. I kindly requested that the poster take care of it first. His response was to block me and delete my comment. YT received an email and will get a call on Monday.

There was also a couple of examples from other posters:

1 - Apple "hype" - You might hear about functions and features, but never see the whole working product until its release.

2 - Other corps postings that excite the fan base - This is true, but if you look at the examples you are siting and on the web, none of them are of complete shows.

This still makes me sad that people think this is okay to do. I'm sure it will continue and probably get worse, but is not in support of our activity.

Take it from a guy that has done this for nearly 40 years and has been doing it full time for the last 8.

My first thought is to stop linking any of news here.

• Like 1

Thanks. I kindly requested that the poster take care of it first. His response was to block me and delete my comment. YT received an email and will get a call on Monday.

1 - Apple "hype" - You might hear about functions and features, but never see the whole working product until its release.

2 - Other corps postings that excite the fan base - This is true, but if you look at the examples you are siting and on the web, none of them are of complete shows.

This still makes me sad that people think this is okay to do. I'm sure it will continue and probably get worse, but is not in support of our activity.

Take it from a guy that has done this for nearly 40 years and has been doing it full time for the last 8.

To Eric Sabach,

You continue to berate the unauthorized videos, but the Crown organization has YET to produce one Crown Minute for the DCI fan network. Why has Crown become so secretive with its shows and programming. I am an alumni of the corps (a.k.a founding member) and am disappointed that Crown doesn't even give its alumni sneak video previews or updates on the shows. My point is: The more secretive you become...the more people will pirate. In other words, people need a reason to get excited about what their corps is doing and how they are progressing. When we (i.e., the alumi) have little access to information, isn't this sort of dissing previous members? I realize you can't and won't give everything away, but it is nice to have some insight into what is going on from year to year. Crown makes it seem like a burden to show video snippets of their show and the people who participate in it, especially this year (i.e., NOT EVEN ONE CROWN MINUTE YET THIS SEASON). Drum Corps is not a secret military project and shouldn't be treated as such, because the more you let people see what is going on, the more they will likely become invested in the show, support it, and pay to see it.

• Like 2

Being that you're an official rep from Crown and there are legitimate copyright issues here AND that it's a really high quality recording, Y####be will probably pull it very quickly. Or... they'll remove the audio.

It's of high enough quality to potentially impact sales of the official pre-season recording.