Input Wanted

I have to sub for our 3rd grade elementary music teacher next week, and I thought I'd show the kids a drum corps show or two on one of the days to take a break from their program preparation. What does the DCP world think would be a good show to show them? I'm thinking possibly 06 Cavies for the visual aspect, or 08 Crown for the familiarity of the music. What do you guys think would be entertaining for a bunch of 9 year olds?

Some entertaining types of shows, Star of Indiana did a Disney themed show or perhaps some Velvet Knights from the 80's as well.

I have to sub for our 3rd grade elementary music teacher next week, and I thought I'd show the kids a drum corps show or two on one of the days to take a break from their program preparation. What does the DCP world think would be a good show to show them? I'm thinking possibly 06 Cavies for the visual aspect, or 08 Crown for the familiarity of the music. What do you guys think would be entertaining for a bunch of 9 year olds?

3rd grade is too young to keep their attention with a DCI show. But if you insist, show them a few moments of the Cadets 2010 ( with Geoffrey ) or the Velvet Knights with clowns, funny sharks, corps marchers in red sneakers, funny get up garb, funny skits etc. ( and by all means, don't show them a serious show like ( for example ) Phantom Regiment's " Spartacus " with the marcher going up onto the podium to " kill " the Drum Major. Otherwise, you might have a one or two kids freak out, run out of the room screaming to the principal's office, before you could explain to all to them. Remember, they are only a couple of months into their 3rd grade here. Upper elementary grade kids could probably handle watching Drum Corps shows a little better, I 'd imagine.

Edited by BRASSO

I am currently teaching elementary music and have a drum corps day every year. I will show Cavaliers 04 or 06. SCV 04. Maybe BD or Cadets 03. I also show some winter drumline and guard stuff. They really like 08 Amachi.

'08 Crown would be good - maybe '07 instead for William Tell. Also consider '92 VK for sight gags and '95 Madison Scouts for the absurd hornline.

I am currently teaching elementary music and have a drum corps day every year. I will show Cavaliers 04 or 06. SCV 04. Maybe BD or Cadets 03. I also show some winter drumline and guard stuff. They really like 08 Amachi.

As do I! A fantastic show! But I am surprised that elementary students would enjoy stuff like that.

2010 Blue Devils

:laughing:

BRASSO: This is why I'm not an elementary teacher, but it's a favor for the school.

I honestly think if there is enough movement going on, they will be fine. They sit and watch the high school marching band rehearse before school in the fall and love it.

2010 Blue Devils

:thumbup:

That would be perfect. Right before nap time. :laughing: