Madison VS BK

Mbwun

From what I see everyone is giving Madison a ton of credit for putting together a great musical package that wasn't broken up (which they did), but what about BK? They had three solid pieces of music that were complete and not broken apart as the arranger saw fit so why is it only Madison that gets the credit? I thought both shows were awesome in regards to musical quality so someone please explain why BK has been left out of the good music category.

I raised the same question once or twice late this summer, when the early-season admiration here for the Blue Knights seemed to have faded. The two corps were neck and neck for a time in August: the Scouts beat BK by one-tenth at Massilllon, but the Knights came back to beat Madison by three-tenths a few days later at Allentown. I thought both rankings were correct, but the crowd at Allentown booed when placements were announced -- and some Madison fans I spoke to on the way out complained that the whole thing was rigged.

On the DVD though, Madison seems clearly superior.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought both rankings were correct, but the crowd at Allentown booed when placements were announced -- and some Madison fans I spoke to on the way out complained that the whole thing was rigged.

Yeah this is something people shouldn't really take to heart. I was a marching member of 2007. In buffalo Troopers and Southwind both beat is and the crowded booed. It surprised kinda expected this going into the show, seeing that was the time in the season where we were going through the "Show Overhaul", learning a show during the day and performing another at night.

As someone stated before, Madison have a huge fan and alumni base, They're a crowd pleaser, always have been and always will be.

I raised the same question once or twice late this summer, when the early-season admiration here for the Blue Knights seemed to have faded. The two corps were neck and neck for a time in August: the Scouts beat BK by one-tenth at Massilllon, but the Knights came back to beat Madison by three-tenths a few days later at Allentown. I thought both rankings were correct, but the crowd at Allentown booed when placements were announced -- and some Madison fans I spoke to on the way out complained that the whole thing was rigged.

On the DVD though, Madison seems clearly superior.

that was a site to see. they also gave the scouts drum major a standing ovation when the scouts score was announced

...but the crowd at Allentown booed when placements were announced -- and some Madison fans I spoke to on the way out complained that the whole thing was rigged.

Hahaha, lol - the old "the whole thing was rigged" gripe has been heard after many a contest throughout the history of competitive drum corps. Insert [name of corps that didn't get the score/placement their fans thought they deserved] in place of "Madison," and you could be talking about dozens of different scenarios over the years. "How could those guys have beaten our corps? It must have been fixed."

Respect to both BK and Madison for their shows this year - both good corps, worthy competitors.

Fred O.

Edited by drumno5

From what I see everyone is giving Madison a ton of credit for putting together a great musical package that wasn't broken up (which they did) but what about BK? They had three solid pieces of music that were complete and not broken apart as the arranger saw fit so why is it only Madison that gets the credit? I thought both shows were awesome in regards to musical quality so someone please explain why BK has been left out of the good music category

I thoroughly enjoyed both corps this past summer. Great talent...and of coarse great musical presentations. I was cheering more for Madison because I have been a longtime fan of theirs. But no doubt....BK received a significant amount of support from me in 2010. If they keep doing what they did in 2010...they can easily become one of the fans favorite corps not to miss. Oh....I also bought my first souvenir from BK this past summer (The 2010 tour/show shirt)....and sent them an email thanking them for selecting and performing an excellent show.

When BK and Madison performed back to back this past summer....it reminded me of when Crossmen and Madison performed back to back in 1997. Good competition....and two shows that many fans said they could watch and listen to all night.......