2011 World Class Repertoires

I am PUMPED for this summer. My Can't-Wait-To-See List:

1. Cadets- I'm slightly addicted to Hans Zimmer, but add Ticheli? Oh yes. ENERGY. They also win the best season trailer award. :cool:

2. Bloo- The passion shown in just the show announcement (not to mention the incredible rep), and the idea of quadrophonic sound has me intrigued.

3. Cavis- Great music. I love Footprints, and though the other stuff is new to me, it JAMS. They always bring it with the GE and Visual side of things, so when I love their rep, I prepare for a hot summer.

4. Phantom- This rep just screams Phantom. I'm looking for them to evoke some tears with Elsa's Procession.

5. Blue Stars - I LOVE the film scores for the Bourne trilogy. There are some interesting thematic possibilities, too.

6. Crown - Could be incredible or just incredibly cheesy, depending on the arrangement. However, I could listen to that brass section play tuning chords all day, so I'm sure I'll enjoy it no matter what.

7. Scouts- This feels like a continuation of last year's idea in a style sense, which can only be good. I'd like to see them challenge the top 6 or 7.

8. BD- They haven't been on this list in a while, but I'll be optimistic this year. The music is before my time, but I think I can dig it if they do the BD brand of jazz with it.

9. SCV- I never feel blown away by their total package (they certainly have moments), but they always provoke thought and are a nice palate cleanser before the top several corps perform. Sorry SCV fans; that's the role they serve for me until they find a way back to the top.

Honorable Mention: Academy. I love Whitacre's Lux Aurumque. It has a personal attachment to me, so I'd love to see them do well with it.

Yep, that's my 100% unqualified and unofficial watch list for the summer. :P My Finals prediction list would look much different.

Edited by Tyler C.
  • Like 2

Have Spirit "officially" announced their show title yet?

It's on Corps reps but I can't see anything on their website.

Have Spirit "officially" announced their show title yet?

It's on Corps reps but I can't see anything on their website.

No official announcement yet. I know I'm not any sort of Spirit "representative," but I do live with a current member, and he's told me that there's no title yet.

I know I'm not any sort of Spirit "representative," but I do live with a current member, and he's told me that there's no title yet.

That's close enough...... promoted!

Do you mean the Requiem? Really?? I love Madison and all that, but that song was such a poignant part of the Vietnam show. What it has to with On The Town and Oklahoma, I'm not sure.

1. Scouts are NOT playing "On the Town" (that is a three hour musical theater production... Scouts show is 12 minutes)

2. I can only assume that Requiem is only a mood setting piece of music, and Vietnam is not a town in Oklahoma.. *

*Phantom is playing "East of Eden" and I don't think it means JULIET left the city of Verona to move to Mendocino California where East of Eden took place...

but I too, am not sure.

Edited by Cop
  • Like 1

Looking forward to some more old school Madison, that's for sure!

• Like 1

I'm sure this has already been pointed out, but 2 shows mention "the devil", and another refers to hell.

I'm sure this has already been pointed out, but 2 shows mention "the devil", and another refers to hell.

And 2 shows are about sinful behaviors

And 4 shows use the prefix "RE"

And 2 shows are about physics

And 6 shows have 1 word titles

And 4 shows use some kind of pun in their title

Wow you're right! This is fun!

Edited by charlie1223
  • Like 1