Macy's prarade

g0at

Wrong. They have been improving the horns used by corps since they first added a valve. Today's horns are part of that process. And no, the horns used by corps today are NOT the same as off the shelf horns made for decades.

Yes, they could have switched keys in 1977; they could have done lots of things before they did them. WhatEVER does that prove?

That Hrothy really really likes G bugle lines.

True, the average person would be much more impressed by hearing that a person marched the Macy's or Rose parade than DCI World Champs. It just seems like such a big deal, being on TV and all.

I remember when DCI was on TV - all 12 (13 in 77) finalists live, then a highlights show, then top 5 on ESPN even.

And that wasn't too long ago

Hmm...sounds like me when I first picked up a baritone in Garfield.

:thumbup:

Or me when I picked up the horn again after 19 years :thumbup: There was a reason why I practiced in the cellar (dog still hid) and didn't go to my first corps rehearsal until a few months after the eBay 2 valver showed up. My wife didn't know what was worse, my playing or my swearing. But she did get a laugh when I would try to sight read, screw up and then say "That ain't it". :thumbup:

Oh man just realized I went to my first Alumni rehearsal 7 years ago around this time... #### time flys when you're having fun. :thumbup:

Edited by JimF-LowBari

. . .not that you'd ever see them between NBC's horrible promotion of their shows and the no-one-cares Broadway shows they have to plug.

Right! It reminds me of the Hollywood Christmas Parade. Same format only the actors and singers are ppromoting their latest movie or record.