Cadets 2011

I just wanted to say, this show is incredible, and at this early point in the season, it's now rating my favorite Cadets show since at least 2000, after being fed up with them since 2005. Bless you, George Hopkins, for producing a truly classic Cadets show for 2011! :worthy::thumbup::worthy:

I just wanted to say, this show is incredible, and at this early point in the season, it's now rating my favorite Cadets show since at least 2000, after being fed up with them since 2005. Bless you, George Hopkins, for producing a truly classic Cadets show for 2011! :worthy::thumbup::worthy:

Thanks for taking the words outta my mouth. Never been a big Cadets fan, found some shows cheesey. This is changing that.

Thanks for taking the words outta my mouth. Never been a big Cadets fan, found some shows cheesey. This is changing that.

All they have to do is stick to their formula and the shows will be great, no matter the placement.

Mr. Hopkins:

I got to shake your hand at Mesa last evening, before your corps took the field. I didn't get to speak to you personnally, but for every one of your performers, I stopped them and thanked them for such a wonderful performance. Your staff has really done a terrific job this year and your show was easily my favorite of the evening. I got to see parts of many of the corps' shows last night, but it was The Cadets who easily had one of their finest production in my recent memory. Congratulations to you, your staff, your very friendly souvenir folks who have endured their own dark side already this season, and of course, those wonderful young performers who provided so much enjoyment for our crowd last night.

Thanks to all of you!

• Like 2

Ok I couldn't resist. I purchased a fan network membership (the most expensive one...) and just watched Cadets show as well as all of the other corps posted on there. I'll reserve my thoughts of all the other corps for another forum, but Cadets show has me stoked. I can't wait to see them live.

• Like 1

Ok I couldn't resist. I purchased a fan network membership (the most expensive one...) and just watched Cadets show as well as all of the other corps posted on there. I'll reserve my thoughts of all the other corps for another forum, but Cadets show has me stoked. I can't wait to see them live.

And, sadly, what you saw wasn't as good as what I got to see last night. All the corps were visual garbage compared to what they will be like in a month. This show will need far less tinkering than most.

But, and this is crazy...what if...there was an evil ending in addition to the "good ending" and we wouldn't know until the closer. I know two different drills, two different closers to learn, but Cadets could do it. Now, talk about fun!

<snip>

But, and this is crazy...what if...there was an evil ending in addition to the "good ending" and we wouldn't know until the closer. I know two different drills, two different closers to learn, but Cadets could do it. Now, talk about fun!

I thought the corps had already announced this?

They did.

Although it's not clear to what extent they are going to differentiate the endings. In theory, it could just be a guard costume change into either all white (angels win) or all hot pink (devils win). Maybe just keep the drill and tweak the music to sound dissonant to signify a demon victory.

I would prefer a stark, obvious difference, but I understand that that just adds more to learn, clean, and refine.

Either way, the Cadets seem to be poised in a pretty decent spot right now.

• Like 1

They did, but I have a feeling this only pertains to the guard because if you notice from the fan network vid, at the end of the show, all the guard members are angels. I'm thinking they're gonna alternate all the guard being either angels or demons depending on the show location. I could be wrong though.

• Like 1