Cadets 2011

Went 6 pages in did not see a topic, I just wanted to say how perfect Angels fits with the Cadets. I think Tichelli is very much a composer in the Cadets style as was Holsinger. I am really excited to see this show.

forgive my typo in the title I often leave out "s" at the end of a word when I am typing, I dont know why.

Went 6 pages in did not see a topic, I just wanted to say how perfect Angels fits with the Cadets. I think Tichelli is very much a composer in the Cadets style as was Holsinger. I am really excited to see this show.

I completely agree. Angels in the Architecture has quickly grown on me. It's a very unique piece of music. It fits with the cadets.

It's a great piece of music that would fit very well with several WC corps.... Cadets being one.

I'm listening to a recording of it now on the Site that Must Not Be Named. The Cadets are gonna have a lot of fun with this.

I think this music will work just fine for the Cadets. The Cadets typically have some of the best music in DCI and I think this year will follow suit. What concerns me is the stuff the Cadets have been doing recently that detracts from an otherwise strong musical presentation.

I think this music will work just fine for the Cadets. The Cadets typically have some of the best music in DCI and I think this year will follow suit. What concerns me is the stuff the Cadets have been doing recently that detracts from an otherwise strong musical presentation.

Like a dirty/cluttered/kinda bad visual program? :lol:

I agree this has potential; I think Cadets have kind of lost their way as far as over-all show design (IMO mostly from a visual design/execution stand-point). I think this show, more than any in recent years, has potential to be a 'classic' Cadets show if they can get their vis in gear.

Like a dirty/cluttered/kinda bad visual program? :lol:

I agree this has potential; I think Cadets have kind of lost their way as far as over-all show design (IMO mostly from a visual design/execution stand-point). I think this show, more than any in recent years, has potential to be a 'classic' Cadets show if they can get their vis in gear.

I couldn’t disagree more.

2007 they had the best visual program… and were a couple of tenths in guard and percussion from winning the whole thing

2008 really liked the visual program but they weren’t as clean as they needed to be.

2009 they again had the best visual program on the field. And for once they let the music tell the story not a lame character.

2010 drill was about a 5th place drill.. and I think it was written for the talent level of the corps because it was supposedly a predominately “rookie” core.

In my humble opinion Jeff Sacktig is the best drill writer in the activity.

Rumor has it apparently that Cadets are looking at splitting the corps into light and dark sides, swapping the color scheme for half of the uniforms. If so, that's pretty cool - it can definitely be used to good visual effect (Southwind in recent memory and Sky Ryders in not so recent memory).

Again, though - that's a rumor, so take it with a grain of salt. :lol:

Mike

• Like 2