Rules Congress

Please find the official press release from the DCA Rules Congress here:

http://www.dcacorps.org/?p=1188

anxious to see the marketing ideas explored. Gotta admit, this release blows away most everything seen by DCI in terms of marketing and being open and honest with the game plan

Of course in other circuits where there is no upstairs drum guy, I've heard about people's worst fears in this regard being true, but I understand. It's a business and fewer judges means less sponsors have to fork out.

I just pray the new DCA system doesn't award High Brass and High Percussion strictly from the field level. Ensemble *must* be considered. DCI awards those trophies from the field, and I can assure you it's a giant epic bucket of fail as a system.

I just pray the new DCA system doesn't award High Brass and High Percussion strictly from the field level. Ensemble *must* be considered. DCI awards those trophies from the field, and I can assure you it's a giant epic bucket of fail as a system.

ah it really dosent matter. saturday nights in the summer is just band shows without the wood winds. they may as well add those to and amp it all up.

ah it really dosent matter. saturday nights in the summer is just band shows without the wood winds. they may as well add those to and amp it all up.

I should know better than to feed the trolls, but...

You know what, Don? Some of us enjoy what the corps are bringing to the table. I thought 2010 was one of the most, if not, the most entertaining year from top to bottom that I've ever seen. Sure, it's not the 1973 St. Francis Loudmen Cadets blasting Children of Sanchez on valve-roter G horns, and for the love of god, I'm glad. What's entertaining to you is clearly not entertaining to me. Drum corps evolves. If you like the old stuff, great. That's what Alumni corps is for. But stop taking shots at today's corps. I'll take modern show design over anything from the old days every single time, DCI or DCA.

if you hate it so much, then why keep following it? as much as we may want, it's not going to be the way it used to be

if you hate it so much, then why keep following it? as much as we may want, it's not going to be the way it used to be

because it's america and i can do as i please. but it's not that i hate it............those are strong words...........i just don't like the direction. but i know that it will change just like it did when i was coming up. but jeff as you can see i love to debate.

. i think recognizable music might help.

So would a better economy

I'm going to say, as others here have, the music is all in the arrangement.

I had the opportunity to attend a portion of the weekend meeting in Annapolis, and I was really impressed with the amount of work, and amount of thought, that went into not only the various rules proposals themselves, but also the discussions that preceded the votes on those proposals.

Certainly different, and better, than the old days.... when five minutes into the meeting, people would be throwing stuff at each other. :smile:

There is no perfect world. Not every rules change, in any activity, is going to please everyone... whether it's drum corps, baseball, synchronized swimming, whatever.

But I'll tip my hat to all of those involved with DCA for their efforts, their passion, and their love of the drum corps activity.... and I wish all the corps of DCA the best for 2011.

And one other thing....LOL:

To the folks from Shenandoah Sound, Gulf Coast Sound, and Excelsior... thanks for letting me join your table for lunch!!! :thumbup: