Who are these 'More'?

So I was looking on the 2011 schedule for shows in my area, and some of these shows like the one in Bridgewater, MA on the 15th of July. We have 7th, Les Stentors, Platinum, the Muchachos, and the Spartans. Also included in the line up are 'more corps to come!'

Unless I've missed something, are there any corps going for evaluation to compete in DCI in 2011? I know we had Genesis, Forte, Platinum and Spartans in 2010, but I was under the impression that the only corps being evaluated on the horizon was Imperial Sound, but it was my understanding they would not go for DCI evaluation until 2012. Imperial Sound folks feel free to correct me on that, but are there any other corps going to be added otherwise to these shows. I hardly doubt any of these corps are WC.

So I was looking on the 2011 schedule for shows in my area, and some of these shows like the one in Bridgewater, MA on the 15th of July. We have 7th, Les Stentors, Platinum, the Muchachos, and the Spartans. Also included in the line up are 'more corps to come!'

Unless I've missed something, are there any corps going for evaluation to compete in DCI in 2011? I know we had Genesis, Forte, Platinum and Spartans in 2010, but I was under the impression that the only corps being evaluated on the horizon was Imperial Sound, but it was my understanding they would not go for DCI evaluation until 2012. Imperial Sound folks feel free to correct me on that, but are there any other corps going to be added otherwise to these shows. I hardly doubt any of these corps are WC.

This is not something new. It just simply means that the line-up is not finalized/complete.

This is not something new. It just simply means that the line-up is not finalized/complete.

Okay I guess DCI could have worded it better then. More corps to come implies that they have corps lined up to be at said shows, but it wasn't official. IMO it would be easier and more accurate to say something like 'The lineup of corps is not finalized and subject to change.'

You're correct, Imperial Sound is performing exhibitions at DCI and DCA shows this year to build up for a possible Open Class evaluation in 2012. With corps coming and going like they commonly do today we want to make sure we have a solid foundation before making the big leap. Our exhibitions, as far as I know, will center around the Northeast but probably won't go into New England (though I can't say for sure right now).

As for the corps that are still TBD for those shows you mentioned, I heard East Coast Jazz got a bingo license a few months ago but haven't heard anything else since then. Citations also expected to make a return this year but again nothing to confirm it.

I can't speak for the Raiders anymore, but when I was there we always had at least one show in New England. It's possible their schedule isn't complete yet and they could be added to that show. Same goes with other current Open Class corps.

• Like 1

You're correct, Imperial Sound is performing exhibitions at DCI and DCA shows this year to build up for a possible Open Class evaluation in 2012. With corps coming and going like they commonly do today we want to make sure we have a solid foundation before making the big leap. Our exhibitions, as far as I know, will center around the Northeast but probably won't go into New England (though I can't say for sure right now).

As for the corps that are still TBD for those shows you mentioned, I heard East Coast Jazz got a bingo license a few months ago but haven't heard anything else since then. Citations also expected to make a return this year but again nothing to confirm it.

I can't speak for the Raiders anymore, but when I was there we always had at least one show in New England. It's possible their schedule isn't complete yet and they could be added to that show. Same goes with other current Open Class corps.

No East Coast Jazz this season.

No East Coast Jazz this season.

Too bad. I was really hoping that they would make it back. If they do while I am still eligible, I would most likely march there.

We are going to be evaluated, on site, for exhibition, as per DCI's rules regarding exhibition performances. It's basically the same as competitive evaluation, except for lowered expectations for what's in the treasury (we're not pumping out Open or World Class cash flow figures). We're hoping for two shows in DCI this year, although DCI's rules regarding the number of exhibition shows is strict too. Part of the reason why we're focusing on parades this year is to build some war coin for our 2012 regional program. We're also looking to be a part of DCNA, and if it is up and running by this year, we will definitely be there. We should be able to be fully competitive and championships ready by 2015, although problems do arise...

Such is the unpredictable nature of building any new business.

I can tell you right now, we're planning on building a capital investment program that would pay us out dividends (some blue chip stock, and cont bonds), and then later moving into more aggressive day trading and the penny stock market. All of that is being built into our fund raising program.

We'll get there, because I'm not giving it up. Ever.

I'm stubborn like that.

• 2 weeks later...

We are going to be evaluated, on site, for exhibition, as per DCI's rules regarding exhibition performances. It's basically the same as competitive evaluation, except for lowered expectations for what's in the treasury (we're not pumping out Open or World Class cash flow figures). We're hoping for two shows in DCI this year, although DCI's rules regarding the number of exhibition shows is strict too. Part of the reason why we're focusing on parades this year is to build some war coin for our 2012 regional program. We're also looking to be a part of DCNA, and if it is up and running by this year, we will definitely be there. We should be able to be fully competitive and championships ready by 2015, although problems do arise...

Such is the unpredictable nature of building any new business.

I can tell you right now, we're planning on building a capital investment program that would pay us out dividends (some blue chip stock, and cont bonds), and then later moving into more aggressive day trading and the penny stock market. All of that is being built into our fund raising program.

We'll get there, because I'm not giving it up. Ever.

I'm stubborn like that.

And it's that dedication and tenacity that will see you through. All else aside, it takes a REALLY hard head to stick with it. Kudos, and all the best to your new organization! - @ the topic, I agree. Sounds like the schedule is just not completed yet.

Edited by Canadacorps