DCPI-15 Discussion Thread

Galen

Les Blanc Chevalier and Cape Cod Regiment didn't finish where we wanted, both eighth O-o but with Knights currently in first, all our corps were back in finals spots!!! Welcome back Knights...now bring it home!!!

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O_O

Very shocked to find out Hg won Class A. And only by .01!!(We're sorry hostrauser)

At same the time, this is very exciting news. Hg, and HMO, now have a gold medal under their belt and are proud to be representing FANFARE.

Edited by Craig III

The Viscounts are extremely excited with their bronze medal finish and eagerly look forward to returning for future seasons.

Over in NOVACorps's trailers, our members are understandably a bit upset- they had their best show on Semis night. But they're still very happy with how far they've come this season and the staff is already laying out plans for next season's program. From what I'm being told, they're going to sleep on their ideas for a couple of weeks and then bring out their show announcement.

The WYAA is happy for where both corps ended. After letting it all slide from the selection weekend until night before prelims, Finalist in A class and semi-finalist in World is much better than I had anticipated. Congrats to all other DCPI member corps and I look forward to the Live Season.

O_O

Very shocked to find out Hg won Class A. And only by .01!!(We're sorry hostrauser)

At same the time, this is very exciting news. Hg, and HMO, now have a gold medal under their belt and are proud to be representing FANFARE.

And congrats from one Fanfare member to another!

O_O

Eh, at least it was another Fanfare corps. What, Fanfare went 1-2 in Class A? This must be more of that Class domination I've been hearing about. :tongue:

Look for a big announcement tomorrow!

Not a bad announcement, I hope?

Oostburg takes home bronze!

Marauders slip past by only .05 (I really wanted that WI State Champion title, hehe).

Privateers have rough voyage, content with 7th place.

Unsure where we would finally end up (some mighty strong competition) but very satisfied being a finalist.

Crimson Lions sitting good going into Finals Night, hoping to pull off a shocker!

Congratulations to all the competing corps on a stellar Season XV, you made for one very tough season.

Extra special congratulations to Texas Zephyrs and Hg, Champions of DCP-I:XV!

Um...wow.

My mind's kinda blown right now.

As are the minds of everyone else in the corps.

We were extremely proud of this year's show (marking the second consecutive space-themed show the corps has produced...with a third en route this summer). The combination of music we used ("Music for Strings, Percussion and Celeste," Holst's "Venus," "The Quadruped Patrol" from Danny Elfman's "Serenada Schizophrana," "Asphalt Cocktail," "Dream is Collapsing" from "Inception," and the indoor drumline piece "Death by Black Hole") was an extremely difficult set of pieces to put together, and visually portraying being pulled into a black hole was even more challenging (especially given our white-based uniforms). I feel that our up-and-down scores through the season reflected that.

That said, the members of the corps were tired of placing in sixth every year (our final placement the past two seasons, and our quarterfinals placement this season)...and after hearing our placement in quarterfinals, I have never seen such a determined group of young men and women work so hard to achieve a goal as this corps did in the last two days. (Though, I'd like to think that the corps director's use of the CLASS/FANFARE wars on here as bulletin board material for his independent corps probably helped :tongue:).

I salute the rest of the corps in Open Class; to be quite honest, I feel like I'm intruding on hallowed ground here, as opposed to some of the great competitors and DCP-I Hall of Famers we went up against in Finals.

That said...winning feels good. Really good. :smile:

Congratulations to each and every corps we went up against this year; you made this one of the toughest seasons I've been a part of, and my only wish is that you all give us everything you've got this coming season.

Edited by ftwdrummer

The final Sweepstakes standings have been posted. Congrats to our division champions The Knights, Oregon Marauders and Nastalgia Percussion, and to our Grand Champions, the Oregon Marauders, breaking Class A's 2-year grand champion streak.

I believe the WC corps should be heading out onto the field for retreat any moment now... :wink: