Thoughts for the Upcoming Season

This are people out there that still think "Pi$$ Christ" is a work of fantastic art as well....I will leave it at that.

Edited by Mello Dude
  • Like 1

I want to know what you all think about anything.

Anything is good.

('Belongs on the "say something nice about a DCI show" thread too)

both anything and something are both good. My prediction for this year is that of the two, something will be better this year. (They'll be better than anything, anyway.)

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Anything is good.

('Belongs on the "say something nice about a DCI show" thread too)

both anything and something are both good. My prediction for this year is that of the two, something will be better this year. (They'll be better than anything, anyway.)

Excellent use of sarcasm and word play, Brasso. spitting.gif

Excellent use of sarcasm and word play, Brasso. spitting.gif

Legacy fans will confirm for you, Garfield, that there actually was a Drum Corps that competed in DCI ( from upstate NY , I believe ) called " The Thing ".

No kiddin'.

They were something. ( 'just never sure what )

Edited by BRASSO

Legacy fans will confirm for you, Garfield, that there actually was a Drum Corps that competed in DCI ( from upstate NY , I believe ) called " The Thing ".

No kiddin'.

They were something. ( 'just never sure what )

I'm confused, I though Pioneer was called "The Thing?"

I'm confused, I though Pioneer was called "The Thing?"

No, I think they're called something else. ( but anything is possible, I suppose )

Edited by BRASSO

BD - Even with no show announcement, I don't feel it's out of place to consider them the contender for the gold once again. Love 'em or hate 'em, they have been the most consistent corps out there since 2007. 1st or 2nd.

Cadets - Signs seem to be pointing to them going back to some serious, in your face, drum corps. As noted above, as long as the design team doesn't trip over themselves, this show seems to have the makings of a possible championship. Unfortunately for the Cadets, many other corps have stepped up their games BIG time and a championship caliber show is no longer all that is needed to take the gold. Top 4.

Cavies - No clue how things will pan out for them in 2011, but if last year is any indication, they may have borrowed/stolen Cadets' "late season surge" identity. I look for them to put another aggressive production on the field again. Top 3.

Crown - While their concept seems a bit "odd" to me, I've learned that their design staff is not to be taken for granted. They know how to tie things together and put on a great, entertaining show. I don't see them below 5th.

Phantom - If they keep the percussion at the level it's at and clean up the rest of the corps, we could be looking at a Top 3 finish from them this year. Lots of unknowns with the return of an all female guard, although it will certainly fit their theme. One of the shows I'm most looking forward to seeing.

Bluecoats - I enjoyed 09 more than last years show, but for some reason, I see them slipping a bit. Too much competition. 5th - 7th.

The peanut butter and jelly have been excellent so far through the first two camps.

:ph34r:

And the peanut butter and jelly are even better when they're able to be put on bread when the camper passes the audition tryouts and makes the Corps.

Edited by BRASSO