Which Show These Last 10 Years Will Define The 2000-2010 Decade?

I feel like each decade since DCI's establishment has had a corps that sort of defined it and left its eternal legacy upon.

Which show will that be for this decade? For what reasons? What will people 30 years from now say about the 2000-2010 class of drum corps?

interesting. I'm going to say Cavies 2002. While not a homer for this show like many, I think this is the show that vaulted the visual to a point to where it has become in many ways more dominant than the Music

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 1

2008 Regiment.

The ultimate proof for showing that you can tell a story without voiceovers/narration.

Plus, the storyline of them vaulting positions is just great.

2008 Regiment.

The ultimate proof for showing that you can tell a story without voiceovers/narration.

Winner, winner! Chicken Dinner!

Spartacus FTW!

2008 Regiment.

except no one really followed the trend

I feel like each decade since DCI's establishment has had a corps that sort of defined it and left its eternal legacy upon.

Which show will that be for this decade? For what reasons? What will people 30 years from now say about the 2000-2010 class of drum corps?

30 years from now ?

My guess, Teal Sound will be the Corps they will most understand and relate to from 2009 2010.

The newer generation in 30 years will ask the dinosaurs from the 2000 years why so few DCI Corpsbands didn't have rock guitars singers, woodwinds, etc

The dinosaurs in 30 years will have to try and explain to the young'uns that Corps don't need to be playing Rock and Roll music with rock guitars, singers in sequins, and all that stuff. But the young'uns will probably roll their eyes and wonder why the dinosaurs still like the music from Bartok, Stan Kenton, sans guitars and singers etc that Corps played from the 2000's DCI decade.

But the dinosaurs will be told by the young'uns... " relax, Corpsbands are always evolving. Change is inevitable. Change is good. Don't be so negative, dinos. If you don't like it, just leave. We intend to Rock On ".

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

30 years from now ?

My guess, Teal Sound will be the Corps they will most understand and relate to from 2009 2010.

The nwer generation will ask the dinosaurs from the 2000 years why so few DCI Corpsbands didn't have rock guitars and singers.

haha touche friend

The nwer generation will ask the dinosaurs from the 2000 years why so few DCI Corpsbands didn't have rock guitars and singers.

Which is like asking why a string quartet isn't plugged in, or why a barbershop quartet doesn't use autotuning.