Corps Hang Out

BITD most corps were local. For the most part unless your corps broke up, (or was a small young corps) people didn't change corps. I'm sure every corps had a favorite place to hang. I'm sure everyone even knew where the other corps were and for the most part everyone respected that and stayed away.

When I marched in the Lancers the most common place to hang was Revere Beach.

Where did your corps party (hang) after rehearsal and when there was no rehearsal. Seemed to me we were together even when the corps had a night off (as rare as that was).

BITD most corps were local. For the most part unless your corps broke up, (or was a small young corps) people didn't change corps. I'm sure every corps had a favorite place to hang. I'm sure everyone even knew where the other corps were and for the most part everyone respected that and stayed away.

When I marched in the Lancers the most common place to hang was Revere Beach.

Where did your corps party (hang) after rehearsal and when there was no rehearsal. Seemed to me we were together even when the corps had a night off (as rare as that was).

Those of us 'of age', which was 18 at the time, hung out at the VFW Club in Wausau WI. Cheap beer and our rehearsal site was right next door - corps hall on one side, the practice field on the other....year-round fun!

In Geneseo, it was Sam's Pizza. Right near the corps hall, a great checked-tablecloth place run by Sam Curcuru, an immigrant who said "Pepsi" like "Peppyss" and slung some fine dough. When we moved to the Quad Cities, we bivouacked at Augustana College, so there wasn't as much socializing off-campus, but we all hung in the looby of the residence hall.

Edited by tommytimp

Seems with our corps someone had a party after every summer rehearsal and many would also go to Payne's in North Tonawanda, NY. Still there and re-modeled. Great food!!!

We seemed to hang out a lot at pizza places. Usually either The Scheme or Godfathers. Many a pitcher was consumed after rehearsal.

In La Crosse, there was a bar on every block, so plenty of hangouts. Remember this was the days when the legal age was 18. We usually had one bar where we would meet each night after practice. In 1979 it was the Rustic Inn downtown.

St Joes was Gentners Tavern in Batavia (known for their beef on weck sandwiches)...Purple Lancers was the Carnicelli and Indelicato AL post rooms in Auburn.

DA

BITD, many members of the T-birds, Lawmen, Regimental Cadets and Statenaires would hang out TOGETHER at either Denino's Tavern in Port Richmond ( GREAT pizza! ) or at Charlie and El's Pine Room in Rosebank, not far from the VN Bridge. Great drinks and a sing-along piano player most Friday and Saturday nights.

Competitors ON the field, good friends OFF the field to this day.

Ray

• Like 1