This year's darkhorse...when they shouldn't really be...

I've never considered the Cavies as a dark horse. Not sure that anyone ever has. They're always in the hunt. Bluecoats are due. Crown - probably not. Cadets? who knows...

• Like 1

Well I would just like to say, as a huge cavaliers fan, they are definitely underrated on this board. The "official cavaliers 2010 forum" this season died out and had to be bumped like 15 times. No one here likes cavaliers, and I think it has to do with the fact that they focus so much on insane drill and less on musical impacts and thoughts.

The cavaliers are never a dark horse at shows and during the season, but I would say they are one on this website.

...Everyone likes the idea of an underdog and everyone wants to see a new champion, so the obvious DCI darlings as of late are going to naturally be Bluecoats and Crown...

Considering the vast number of fans who have come on board since 2006 have never witnessed a Cavaliers championship, to them, The Cavaliers would also be a new champion.

the cavies are consistently amazing, and have always had great fans on here. classy folks come out of that organization from what i can tell.

plus_sign.pngdot-me-logo.jpghooray+5.jpg

• Like 1

I think if we're looking for a dark horse from this season, we should be looking towards Santa Clara. Adding the new brass staff of proven guys from Cavaliers, adding Rennick from Phantom, and with the show they're doing, I think we could see a big move from them towards the top. They have a staff that has a proven record, and consistency in members, so I see them making a push, and maybe surprising a lot of people over the course of this season.

winning 5 of the last 11 championships (more than anyone else in the same time period) makes you a darkhorse now?

Anyone that isn't the Blue Devils seems to be viewed as a dark horse, especially if you check out the pre-season placement polls. I think Cavies shouldn't ever be considered a dark horse, I mean, one time out of the top 3 in the last 12 years is pretty darn impressive.... no matter how you look at it. Even when they get counted out, like the last couple of years, they sure show people how they operate, claiming 4th and 2nd, so I wouldn't look to them as a dark horse, unless dark horse now means corps most likely to win and top the Blue Devils?

If you placed 2nd OR 3rd you aren't a dark horse, in my opinion.