What will be new in souvie sensation this summer?

C'mon Boo...use your influence...shirts for fat guys...5x or 6x

Spanx Drum Corps Logo wear!!! :thumbup:

I would buy a couple or two! :tongue:

Let's combine the two ideas.

Let's combine the two ideas.

Oh, no, no, no....!

Let's all be clear on this one!! Spandex is a privilege, not a right...!!!

It must be earned...!!!!!

:-)

Oh, no, no, no....!

Let's all be clear on this one!! Spandex is a privilege, not a right...!!!

It must be earned...!!!!!

:-)

Not Spandex ... SPANX!!! The slimming t-shirts!!! :tongue:

I still say Drum Corps Monopoly!

C'mon Boo...use your influence...shirts for fat guys...5x or 6x

We're not fat, we're full-figured.

I'd have to claim bankruptcy if they made 4X-Tall t-shirts, because I'd buy all of them.

Look, the standard range is S-XL. larger types already have an X in their direction- how about souvie booths do everyone under 5'8" (i.e. OVER HALF of the female population and OVER HALF of the under-twenty american population) and carry XS for a change, or use higher-quality tee blanks that don't come in only "athletic" sizes. I'd pay 20$ for an American Apparel DCI tee over 10$ for a Hanes Beefy. "Athletic" tees are typically a full size larger than marked, and with that high-school-bando market demo you're aiming for an athletic S isn't nearly S enough. No offense to the 4 and 5X DCi fans out there, but if corps are going to expand size ranges it makes much more sense to expand DOWN, not up.

• Like 1

Only by those who are not terribly concerned with security and control.

I think thumb drives are still popular enough, and they're cheap.

I started to add a long comment, but you encapsulated perfectly the point I was going to make. There's also (lord help us in these days of instant gratification) the hassle factor of firing up the browser, finding the web site, logging in, downloading the data and closing things up...vs. plugging in a thumb drive and having everything there instantly.

I also like short (or long) sleeve golf shirts...with a small corps logo on the breast. Something I can wear to work...I can't get away with a t-shirt. Some corps have sold golf shirts, but I haven't seen alot...

I'm guessing because there were no DCI shirts until 1975. The birth of DCI merchandising.

Assuming it's not already available how about a replica of the 1st ever shirt?

Edited by 3rd Glasgow BB

While we are on the souvie topic....If you have a great idea for a DCI souvie, can you go through DCI or do you have to have each corps approve it? For example, if I make a standard hat that just has each corps logo, can DCI say "go for it" or do I need to have a contract with each specific corps for color/design/royalty approvals?

I emailed DCI...they never responded..doh! So concerning the chess board or board game idea, would each corps have to approve their representation in the item, or can DCI give their stamp of approval? If you get each individual corps, do you also need DCI approval?

I like tee shirts the best and prefer just a logo or corps name. I prefer shirts WITHOUT the year marked on them so I can use them until they fall apart. And truthfully I prefer shirts that don't say "drum and bugle corps".

Edited by jonnyboy