What will be new in souvie sensation this summer?

I see a totally cool market here for geocaching items - Drum Corps Travel Bugs would be an awesome way to promote the activity. People logging on when they grab the travel bug would be given a quick video hit maybe? I don't know if that would work, but I see potential there.

Generic travel bugs with corps logos and websites would be great, too.

I would also like Christmas ornaments, more thermal travel coffee mugs, friendship bracelets with corps logos woven in or beaded. (some of these may be available and I just haven't seen them. I've noticed that some items are only available at the souvie booth and not on the websites and vice versa)

• Like 1

DCI Monopoly…

A little bit of creative thinking would be needed because I don’t think the current 22 “streets”/8 colour groups would work for DCI but I wouldn’t imagine that would be an insurmountable obstacle for some of you clever folk out there.

Imagine the possibilities…

A different playing character for each corps (perhaps purchased directly from the corps)

Monopoly Money that’s worth points not cash? Player with the highest point total wins.

Chance cards…

“Your last drill move was almost as good as Cross to Cross, collect $50 from the bank”.

“Michael Cesario says your new uniforms add 5lbs to the guard members, fined $20”.

“Your pre-show has over run by 30 seconds, go to jail”.

Instead of train stations we could have famous venues like Allentown or Camp Randal etc.

Perhaps instead of houses & hotels we could have box 1-5 point multipliers…. Hmmm ok, not sure about that one.

You get the idea.

I believe you should start up a new topic especially about this idea, even if it's just for fun. Ask for readers to contribute their ideas for Chance Cards and other ideas, such as the most valuable properties.

I'll throw in a few: Instead of a "Go to jail" spot on the board, we could have a "Miss one show" spot, or even a "Your corps is disqualified for the season" Chance card. Instead of collecting railroads and utilities, we could collect World Championship seat upgrades and Prize Patrol items.

I like the scarf idea A LOT! It is a "winter" item but also can be used in the summers. I remember a Cadets spring training where is was in the 40's. I would prefer something in a weight like the following. It's not to heavy but feels soft and flannel like and does keep you warm. Plus, still looks ok from the "wrong side".

http://www.jmbooks.com/shop_product_detail.asp?mscssid=A5B97738231B45EAA926E7936CF16583&catalog_group_id=MQ&catalog_group_name=QXVidXJuIE1lcmNoYW5kaXNl&catalog_id=513&catalog_name=TGFkaWVzIFNwb3J0c3dlYXI&pf_id=LADY+TEE++SCARF2010&product_name=QXVidXJuIFNoYXdsIFNjYXJm&type=1&target=shop_product_list.asp

DCI Monopoly…

A little bit of creative thinking would be needed because I don't think the current 22 "streets"/8 colour groups would work for DCI but I wouldn't imagine that would be an insurmountable obstacle for some of you clever folk out there.

A different playing character for each corps (perhaps purchased directly from the corps)

Monopoly Money that's worth points not cash? Player with the highest point total wins.

Chance cards…

"Your last drill move was almost as good as Cross to Cross, collect $50 from the bank".

"Michael Cesario says your new uniforms add 5lbs to the guard members, fined $20".

"Your pre-show has over run by 30 seconds, go to jail".

Instead of train stations we could have famous venues like Allentown or Camp Randal etc.

Perhaps instead of houses & hotels we could have box 1-5 point multipliers…. Hmmm ok, not sure about that one.

You get the idea.

Community Chest: Take a Bath In Chocolate, Collect $200.

Community Chest: They Swashed My Buckle!, Collect $200.

• Like 1

DCI Monopoly…

A little bit of creative thinking would be needed because I don’t think the current 22 “streets”/8 colour groups would work for DCI but I wouldn’t imagine that would be an insurmountable obstacle for some of you clever folk out there.

Monopoly Money that’s worth points not cash? Player with the highest point total wins.

Chance cards…

“Your last drill move was almost as good as Cross to Cross, collect $50 from the bank”.

“Michael Cesario says your new uniforms add 5lbs to the guard members, fined $20”.

“Your pre-show has over run by 30 seconds, go to jail”.

You get the idea.

Well, You'll have monopoly edition for each year. If you do that you can have the streets catagorized by the corps placements. So Boardwalk is Blue Devils. Maybe adding another street along with Baltic Avenue group to make it 23. Every year the game board will be different! Yikes!

Well, You'll have monopoly edition for each year. If you do that you can have the streets catagorized by the corps placements. So Boardwalk is Blue Devils. Maybe adding another street along with Baltic Avenue group to make it 23. Every year the game board will be different! Yikes!

That makes it a collector's item! The 2007, 2008, 2009, etc monopoly DCI board. And every single corps sells their own deed cards for like $1 each or less because that's a $23 investment just to get your cards and additionally you can by a pewter piece that looks like the corps logo!

Edited by TrumpetVinny

That makes it a collector's item! The 2007, 2008, 2009, etc monopoly DCI board. And every single corps sells their own deed cards for like $1 each or less because that's a $23 investment just to get your cards and additionally you can by a pewter piece that looks like the corps logo!

I would TOTALLY buy something like this! It's souvie idea that helps out all the corps!

I would TOTALLY buy something like this! It's souvie idea that helps out all the corps!

Who knows? Maybe in years to come it'd be a hot collector's piece. It'd be funny to see on ebay "RARE! Phantom Regiment 2011 deed card!" Maybe have a printout board online or you can get a better made, longer lasting board at DCI.org. That way DCI gets money selling boards, corps get money selling pewter pieces and deeds. Everyone's happy!

• Like 1

I would like to see Phantom bring back the little fuzzball Phantom Phans -- little, round red pompom type balls w/ eyes and a pith helmet. They had a ribbon that said Phantom Regiment and feet that were sticky so you could put them (for example) on your car dashboard, etc. All the corps could do it with the proper colors and headgear...

- Something I'd like to see more of from the trailers is Under Armor gear. I purchased a Madison Scouts one last year and I believe Phantom Regiment sells them as well. Those things are great to wear while working out or to just run around in.

- Drum Corps Toilet Paper. Show your support and condemn a corps all at the same time.

- I would love to see some trailers sell bottled water and sodas for about half the price of the concession stand.

• Like 1