Dot marching vs. being in the form

Take a look at one of the best DCI shows ever, DCI champ Cavies 2006.

Freeze frame at 6:11. Look at all of the distance errors:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg-Wyg3w6aM

I highlighted the important part for ya

Take a look at one of the best DCI shows ever, DCI champ Cavies 2006.

Freeze frame at 6:11. Look at all of the distance errors:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg-Wyg3w6aM

That's some bad cover and dress but you eye will get caught in whats going on in the block, also 6:24 has about 30 different versions of 2 outside/inside the line. I also feel that Cavaliers are not the cleanest marchers most seasons and I think 06 was bad (I still think they shouldn't of won), they also had a new vis caption head that season.

I can also find about 100+ pages they are nailing.

Why are you arguing with Howdy?

For me, he's out of is mind. He simply don't understand the fact that some people don't thing like him. He seem to not beeing able to evolve.

For me, he don't have any credibility or class at all.

By the way Howdy, where did you teach to denigrates everybody like this? Cadets, Cavaliers, Blue Devils maybe? Maybe your'e simply too good for them. Or they are simply not ready for your vision.

Maybe it's time for you to let go and take a break to set your mind.

Without offence,

Mario

P.S.: Soory for the bad english. Also, I don't want to be rude in my comment, I just don't master your language.

For the most part with a few exceptions like this one this has been a good healthy civil discussion. Please follow the forum rules and stay on topic and off personal attacks. I do not want to see this discussion closed down because posters refuse to follow the rules.

That's some bad cover and dress but you eye will get caught in whats going on in the block, also 6:24 has about 30 different versions of 2 outside/inside the line. I also feel that Cavaliers are not the cleanest marchers most seasons and I think 06 was bad (I still think they shouldn't of won), they also had a new vis caption head that season.

I can also find about 100+ pages they are nailing.

Good post. The Cavies are an excellent drumcorps, and most of the time they march very well.

For the most part with a few exceptions like this one this has been a good healthy civil discussion. Please follow the forum rules and stay on topic and off personal attacks. I do not want to see this discussion closed down because posters refuse to follow the rules.

You should follow some of your own advice.

By 7/28 we are talking more like 2/3rd of the way thru the season. These errors had nothing to do with show changes.

I was not the one in this thread to first use the 80 Guardsmen and North Star as examples.

show changes can happen finals week. Maybe if you paid more attention to current drum corps, you'd be a little more knowledgable. many corps just add new ending in around that time....it aint gonna be spotless.

they day of the show not changed after June is long gone

:spitting:

• Like 1

View PostHowdy, on 17 January 2011 - 06:12 PM, said:

Well, that confirm my thought. Humility, humility and humility!!!!

I didn't want to break any rules or offend anybody.

However, if you don't want to be attacked, you should revise some of the comments you made in this thread. A lot of them were arrogant, classless, and attacked directly the members of the show you show to us.

Back on topic

1- Any good designer and staff have to adjust their expectation and their style of teaching to the level of the members they get. The show design and overall difficulty have to reflect the level of the membership. So, less talented members = easier conception. More talented member = More difficult conception (more blind move).

2- With that in mind, the choice of teaching the Dot technique or the form dressing, is up to the type of visual design and demand. I truly think that the staff who teach in World Class group know what they are doing, and wich option to choose to acheive the best result.

Once again , please excuse my poor english, I hope you can understand what I mean.

There are three all-important words you are totally ignoring when comparing an early 1980's DCI show to anything in the Top 12 today:

Degree. Of. Difficulty.

Those three words make any comparison of the two a complete Apples vs. Oranges scenario.