1980 vs 2010

as for the thread, it's obviously easier to be clean marching 8 to 5 at 140bpm and then parking and barking every other minute, including for a 2-3 minute segment of the show in the middle.

This is why I prefer to listen to older drum corps rather than watch... from what I have seen the older corps do lack uniform posture and attention to detail that modern corps have, as well (I know this has already been mentioned).

i thought it was limited to 20 positive and 5 negative per day? That a poster can give out, not that another poster can accept.

My understanding is the limit is 20 reps per day, 5 of which can be negative. But I could be wrong.

Still, you're correct. The limit is what one can give, not what one can receive.

I think Jeff's score went up more than 20 just yesterday. Jeesh.

I think he's handing out cash for his votes, and he has a lot more money than I do.

• Like 3

as for the thread, it's obviously easier to be clean marching 8 to 5 at 140bpm and then parking and barking every other minute, including for a 2-3 minute segment of the show in the middle.

This is why I prefer to listen to older drum corps rather than watch... from what I have seen the older corps do lack uniform posture and attention to detail that modern corps have, as well (I know this has already been mentioned).

I think the issue is one of perception. BITD drill was more exposed; lines were either straight or they weren't. Ankle-knee either was or it wasn't. It was easy to spot because it was so exposed.

Today's drill is so frenetic that it's much harder to tell across the whole corps whether drill is being executed well or not. Especially with small clusters of MM doing different things across the whole field.

Each MM probably performs at a higher level of requirement today, but it's not as easy to spot both good and bad execution.

(don't forget...)

l

l

l

l

V

• Like 3

Your post while, partially true, misses the point.

Secondly: How else does a vs. match work? You compliment both sides? lol

If yer gonna punctuation Nazi someone, do it right. The comma should appear after "post", and not after "while".

Yay drum corps!!!

Edited by skewerz

If yer you're gonna going to punctuation-Nazi someone, do it right. The comma should appear after "post", (comma not necessary) and not after "while".

Yay drum corps!!!

Fixed that for you.

But, of course, your point is correct. tongue.gif

• Like 2