My Proposed DCA Rule Change

Good ones! There is nothing wrong for the same corps to win consecutive titles, no matter how long the stretch is. If you're the best, then you're the best. It's up to everyone else to figure out how to beat them. I think this is more because Lee is irked that everybody and their mothers aren't going all ga ga and drooling over his corps like they use to. The novelty of "7" and "Evil" has died and Lee can't handle that.

True dat. Now everyone is "all ga ga" about that corps from across the pond with the funny accents :thumbup: .

Lee Rudnicki = Evil Master :devil:

Or make them stay in a hotel for DCA finals weekend.... :tongue:

I dunno...the school thing was a lot of fun in 2000

Sorry Lee... we usually agree but i can't go along with this one...

What's the fourth time? Time Out on a chair?? Stand in the corner (of the field)? Lack of TV priviledges on the bus?

Or in Buccs case.. march ALL those #### parades in Baltimore area 4th of July AND the one at Havre de Grace on the other day....

The fourth time, they get sent to bed with nothing but dessert. :tongue:

Is it Scrotum or Scotrun?

Is it Scrotum or Scotrun?

LOL.... the time-honored question asked by nearly everyone who sees that sign on Interstate 80!!!!! :tongue:

Has anyone ever asked the question why they create DCA in the first place? It seems sufficiently relevant as at the time, SR corps was faced with the similar dilema. That is: If you can't beat them, go and create your own circuit. Not to say that is the right thing to do, but in all seriousness, how far off is Lee's propsal from what was done some 46 years ago?

Has anyone ever asked the question why they create DCA in the first place? It seems sufficiently relevant as at the time, SR corps was faced with the similar dilema. That is: If you can't beat them, go and create your own circuit. Not to say that is the right thing to do, but in all seriousness, how far off is Lee's propsal from what was done some 46 years ago?

So ... you talking about breaking Hawthorne's dominence from 61 through 63? (Skyliners beat them on June 17th, 1961 then again on July 6, 1963 - in between the Cabs went undefeated - they also won the AL Nats from 57-64) ... or the fact that increased prize money, was the main intent ... don't forget, Hawthorne was part of the original DCA forming meetings ... it wasn't until the "approved" judges list was proposed that they pulled out of the talks ... I'd post the DCN articles but, I can't for some reason ... maybe NanciD can ...

What's you opinion?

:-)

The following is the rule changes proposal that I would like to make at the next DCA Rules Congress -

DCA Parity -- Rule Change Proposal

Whereas, in the best business interests of Drum Corps Associates and all of its member corps,

1.1 Any DCA corps that has won three consecutive DCA Championships shall be declared a "DCA Grand Champion," and shall automatically be put into competitive-exhibition status for the following DCA World Championship.

1.2 Every DCA corps must allow and encourage its members to participate in I&E, and no corps is allowed to conduct an unrelated rehearsal or sectional on the I&E Performance Night.

1.1. If they're the best, let them win. The Bucs won't be on top forever, and I'm going to keep showing up til I see someone beat them (No offense intended to the Bucs organization)

1.2. I agree with this one. Not because the extra rehearsal time on Friday night is going to unfairly tip the scales towards one corps or the other, but because it's unfair for any members of that corps who want to compete in I&E but are not allowed to.

Edited by Spandy