Pre-June Prediction Thread

Now that shows have been announced, more interestingly accurate predictions can be made.

1. CAVALIERS - Notice how very little is being said about this show via the website? No extravagant videos promoting the show, no movie trailers with special effects, and no talking heads prematurely trying to convince you of how the show is going to be a masterful artwork of brass, percussion and silk. Sounds like they're going to let the program speak for itself. And only the Bad### programs "speak for themselves".

2. BLUECOATS - The increase in auditioning talent will serve the Bloo team well in presenting not the most entertaining, but one of the cleanest shows of the season.

3. BLUE DEVILS - The only reason that they're ranked this high is because of the wealth of talent from top to bottom in the organization. History repeats itself when you do the "melodic" style shows with source music of a "fading" artist. Remember Billy Joel and Jethro Tull? If the Devils don't perform the mess out of this show, they can look forward to another one of those participation medals that they got in 2005.

4. THE CADETS - No doubt this will be an entertaining show, but the powers that be at The Cadets usually have a knack for laying on the cheese pretty thickly. The source music is exciting, but there is no previous indication that the maroon platoon will be able to really do the music justice.

5. SANTA CLARA VANGUARD - With as much as SCV is usually criticized for their lack of "getting it together" in time, I have no doubt that they will get things done in a timely manner. The show will be finished, but in usual fashion, it will not be completely clean in time for the big show. (no pun intended) New staffing could also hinder the progress considering the fact that I'm expecting the balance between brass and percussion to be way off.

6. CAROLINA CROWN - This show very well may be the fan favorite, but it will be really hard to compete with the other programs in the activity. I have no true justification for Crown being this low, it's more a product of the rest of the activity being better rather than Crown being "not good".

7. BLUE STARS - Momentum is on their side, and I wouldn't be surprised if they turned a few heads and made a mess of my predictions. Besides that their ultimate success is still a work in progress. It's just a bad year to try to be jumping people.

8. PHANTOM REGIMENT - Does anyone have any kind of justification as to why Phantom is going to be any better this year? Their source music contains pieces that could very well make or break you. (emphasis on the BREAK) You might as well be playing Mozart or Grainger(ouch BK). Lots of individual interpretations out there of how this music should sound. Good luck!

In the words of Metallica......"And nothing else matters"

what no comment on boston. Revolution is always good from time to time threw out history. Good luck to all the great drum corps. It time for a change.

you have no idea do you..... lol

Clearly you're overestimating the amount of time I spent thinking about this. It was just a question. I don't know what he's going to produce any more than anyone else. Might be great, might be terrible. I just hope they can come up with a more interesting show than last year's.

Clearly you're overestimating the amount of time I spent thinking about this. It was just a question. I don't know what he's going to produce any more than anyone else. Might be great, might be terrible. I just hope they can come up with a more interesting show than last year's.

Yeah your right. its so hard to say where who is going to end up for me until i see them at the first show. i didnt mean disrespect. promise :)

• Like 1