The Last Serenade In Brass

That's OK.... I figured it might be an expenses thing. Not easy these days to put a corps on the road.

Hopefully the missus and I will get to the Plymouth show later this year to see BAC!!!

Yes this a great line-up for SIB...and Boston would had moved it up another notch....

I hope Boston will be at Rochester ....

Any word if there will be a mini-corp show during SIB weekend...

Pete

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if there was a mini show, I am sure it would have been announced already.

Yes this a great line-up for SIB...and Boston would had moved it up another notch....

I hope Boston will be at Rochester ....

Any word if there will be a mini-corp show during SIB weekend...

Pete

We expect to be at Rochester this year. We are way ahead of where we usually are musically for this time of year. This is our 20th year as an alumni corps, and we have brought back some of our best Crusader music of the last 2 decades. Our show is: Captain from Castille, Conquest (orchestral version), Man of LaMancha, Artsa Alinu/Hava Nigila, Mondo Cane, Don't Cry, Conquest reprise, with El Capitan for an encore.

Our horn line is about the same size as last year (around 50), percussion 20-24 (we may bring back quints)and a guard of about 12. Of course, we are always welcoming new members to help us celebrate our anniversary year.

I remember the early years...mostly the local corps (No alumni back then) and at least one of the service academies!

We never felt that it was TOO early, it gave everyone incentive to get the music down and at least LEARNED prior to the show...I can still remember learning parts of the drum solo ON STAGE during our rehearsal time! :blink:

But my earliest recollections are the following line ups:

Hershey Chocolatiers (local parade group, probably the closest thing to an alumni corps back then since it was filled with mostly people that marched other corps and "retired" and kids just getting into the activity (i.e. me!))

Westshoremen

Reading Buccaneers

Crossmen

One or both of the service academies

And during different years depending upon "performance status"

Yankee Rebels

Archer Epler

Steel City

Rochester Crusaders

Caballeros

The line ups were GREAT! You got a preview of everyone's show for the year! The other cool thing was that between Westshore, Reading and the Crossmen, they used to play at each others show as a courtesy, so Westshore didn't need to pay Reading and Crossmen for their appearance since we appeared at THEIR shows etc. But when you really think about it...the majority of the people that are probably performing is probably killing attendance! :tongue:

I remember the early years...mostly the local corps (No alumni back then) and at least one of the service academies!

We never felt that it was TOO early, it gave everyone incentive to get the music down and at least LEARNED prior to the show...I can still remember learning parts of the drum solo ON STAGE during our rehearsal time! :blink:

But my earliest recollections are the following line ups:

Hershey Chocolatiers (local parade group, probably the closest thing to an alumni corps back then since it was filled with mostly people that marched other corps and "retired" and kids just getting into the activity (i.e. me!))

Westshoremen

Reading Buccaneers

Crossmen

One or both of the service academies

And during different years depending upon "performance status"

Yankee Rebels

Archer Epler

Steel City

Rochester Crusaders

Caballeros

The line ups were GREAT! You got a preview of everyone's show for the year! The other cool thing was that between Westshore, Reading and the Crossmen, they used to play at each others show as a courtesy, so Westshore didn't need to pay Reading and Crossmen for their appearance since we appeared at THEIR shows etc. But when you really think about it...the majority of the people that are probably performing is probably killing attendance! :tongue:

I certainly remember the Canton Bluecoats being there once or twice,.....

Bluecoats were there for sure in 1986,...................and Ohio Brass Factory was there in 1983

1990 was a GREAT year for the SIB...

Both Bluecoats & Crossmen were performing & AWESOME (hearing their shows for the first time was fantastic)..

Yankee Rebels had a million people on the stage & were very entertaining..

Archie with their Senior Tribute Medley was certainly a crowd pleaser..

I'm lucky enough to have the video...

Bluecoats were there for sure in 1986,...................and Ohio Brass Factory was there in 1983

and 81 IIRC.....

Yeah.. Ohio Brass...(just found a few more old programs) Must have missed the years when the Bluecoats were there...but I missed a whole bunch of years...and them being there only makes sense since it's technically Larry's show....