If you could...

Never noticed that before, but the recording bears it out. This must have taken place at finals....it is Brandt Crocker's voice on their prelim recording.

No....the finals announcer in 1975 was Dom Bianculli, whose inimitable voice was also heard announcing CYO Nationals in that time frame. Brandt Crocker still handled prelims.

Then Brandt must remember it wrong, because that's what he sent me in an e-mail. But I just received an e-mail from Fran Haring that you are indeed correct.

Edited by Michael Boo

the finals announcer in 1975 was Dom Bianculli, whose inimitable voice was also heard announcing CYO Nationals in that time frame.

With that great New England accent! "From Reveeah, Massachusetts....." :thumbup:

I attended CYO Nationals in 1979 and he was still behind the mike for that show.... I'm pretty sure he passed away not too many years after that.

Anyhow.... back on topic:

Probably Bobby Hoffman for me.

He was drill designer for DCA's Sunrisers two of my seasons there... 1980 and 1981, during his Bridgemen heyday.

He was a great guy.... we hung out with him a couple of times during that period, and I would love to get another chance to chat with him.

Many others would be on the list.... several of whom I have had the privilege to meet.

Steve V. is a world of Drum and Bugle Corps knowledge. He is one that I have always kept in touch with since the days I marched. I have had many experiences with him over a beer or some chocolate, and will have many more. A pure icon in our nich activity. Its an honor to call him a friend. He would be a great choice.

I always cherish any time I get to talk to Steve.

I've met many legends over the years, but Don Warren is the one. a brief encounter saying hi in the bathroom in 2002 doesn't quite make for a conversation.

• Like 1

If you could sit down at a bar with anybody past or present who would it be and why?

This is a no brainer for me. If I had the chance to sit down in a bar and have some drinks with somebody it would be with that hot looking gal that used to march BD Guard a few years back and now does the color commentary interviews for DCI along the track at DCI with marchers who just came off the field.

If I next have to EXPLAIN why I'd select her as my number one choice to sit beside and share a few drinks together with her in a bar somewhere, then I really don't know what to tell you.

Edited by BRASSO

LOL Brasso!!!!

My list would be very long - there are so many people that have contributed to this activity - managerially, artistically, financially, etc. Some of them are still with us, others aren't, but I'll give it a shot.

I think the first unusual one that comes to mind is Bill Cook. Why? Because he took the time to engage me in an extremely civil conversation back in the RAMD days regarding Star of Indiana, financing drum corps, and the move to work with Canadian Brass. I was a young, brash, naive nobody and there were some chips on shoulders about the money. We shouldn't be coy about that. There was a real perception of "sugar daddy" regarding Star (I know that wasn't the intent so please don't go ballistic on me about that), and it was hard for some of us to put aside the jealousy that came from that perception. But Bill was so nice during that back and forth discussion that he sent me a Brass Theater CD for free. I owe him at least a beer and a personal thank you. And I'd like to know what he thinks about today's drum corps, from a fan and supporter perspective.

Jim Jones and Fred Sanford, at the same table.

Others that have already been mentioned make great sense, but I think I would enjoy talking with Brandt Crocker the most. George Zingali - could I handle GZ? I don't know if I'd get a word in edgewise, from what I figure! But it would be fun.

Also, Dave Richards - brass judge from 1979 who made the famed Trooper tape. I owe him a thank you beer as well.

1. Fred Sanford

2. George Zengali

3. Pete Emmons

4. Gail Royer

5. Jim Jones

6. Michael Boo

Edited by RogerF

1. Fred Sanford

2. George Zengali

3. Pete Emmons

4. Gail Royer

5. Jim Jones

6. Michael Boo

I'm honored to be included among such accomplished names who are among my idols.

1. Scott Stewart

2. Fred Sanford

3. Bill Cook

4. Jeff Lee

5. Gayle Royer

Jeff Fiedler...

Back in the day before he was Cavies drum major, he was actually a drum corps pen pal of mine (drum corps pen pals were big back then). He probably doesn't even remember my name now... :sad:

But he has been in the thick of it, in practically every aspect of drum corps, and I would love to just sit and talk drum corps with him...