Worst disaster show you ever marched in.

In 2008, I had two disaster shows thanks to a pinched nerve in my arm. My right arm would keep dropping the longer I held my horn up, and eventually it would be tucked into my chest and I couldn't move it at all until I put my horn down and relaxed. The first one happened in Columbus, OH. I couldn't concentrate on the show because my arm and chest felt so weird and I couldn't do anything to fix it.

However, the worst disaster show I had was the second time, in Hornell, NY. Not only did I get my pinched nerve problem exactly like last time, but my nose started bleeding for no reason in the middle of the show. Thankfully, as bad as I looked, I still managed to finish the show without getting any blood on my uniform. Oddly enough, after this second show, I wasn't even upset - that show was so ridiculous for me that I couldn't help but laugh.

I was lucky during my years marching to never have a serious injury during the competition year, but, I did have an episode where my pants (I would say that they were the same ones used 20 years earlier) decided that it was a good time to "split" (so to speak). Let's just say that it was good that we had done laundry the day before. At least I didn't have the experience one of our quads had when his pants "parted". Lets just say that he ignored the "dress code". He inspired standing ovations every time he marched towards the back sidelines. :shutup::w00t::w00t:

• Like 1

That's quite a username you've got there. :tongue:

Thanks... it was one of those defining moments in my life... so many hated or loved that door. But I think I'm the only one who actually clobbered it. :-)

I was lucky during my years marching to never have a serious injury during the competition year, but, I did have an episode where my pants (I would say that they were the same ones used 20 years earlier) decided that it was a good time to "split" (so to speak). Let's just say that it was good that we had done laundry the day before. At least I didn't have the experience one of our quads had when his pants "parted". Lets just say that he ignored the "dress code". He inspired standing ovations every time he marched towards the back sidelines. :shutup::w00t::w00t:

...and THIS is fantastic. :thumbup:

• Like 1

2006 Cadets, in July the drum break fell apart. The snare line blamed it on the pit, but that's just nonsense. I forget where it was, but it was not a good night.

Funny thing was that the judge said the drumline was on fire that night. Up in flames was more like it.

I'm surprised no one has posted this yet... 2010 DCI Minnesota... Not only thunderstorms, but 3 tornado warnings in one night..

• Like 1

Thanks... it was one of those defining moments in my life... so many hated or loved that door. But I think I'm the only one who actually clobbered it. :-)

Nope... a certain baritone player did it in 06 at quarterfinals. I will give you one guess, and one guess only as to who that was (you should know...it was such a 'that guy' thing to do...)

I'm surprised no one has posted this yet... 2010 DCI Minnesota... Not only thunderstorms, but 3 tornado warnings in one night..

Thanks for the memory jog.... Day of DCI East 1979 there was a Sr corps show somewhere in NJ. I say somewhere as it took us a couple of hours to find the place. Honestly bus driver got out in a residential area and asked a couple working on their yard for directions. You got it.... they pointed the opposite direction from where we were headed.

We got to the show and it was pouring so we did an exhibition in street clothes. No idea if anyone was even in the freakin' stands as my glasses were all spotted up. How we did our big move of two double interval lines merging into one single interval line at full speed without killing each other I never did figure out. (You had to aim for the spot between two certain people.)

Highlight was the portable light poles that were waaaaay up there swaying in the the wind. One of the lights actually came out and landed right behind our DM during the concert number. Whole corps could see it coming but he jumped and turned around when it hit. LOL, never missed a beat but he dind't find out until later how close he came to getting wiped out.

2006 Cadets, in July the drum break fell apart. The snare line blamed it on the pit, but that's just nonsense. I forget where it was, but it was not a good night.

Funny thing was that the judge said the drumline was on fire that night. Up in flames was more like it.

Ugh...that was bad. And then of course the conspiracy theories started on dcp because we won the show over phantom anyway....never mind that regiment beat up by 3 points at the end of the season :tongue:

Nope... a certain baritone player did it in 06 at quarterfinals. I will give you one guess, and one guess only as to who that was (you should know...it was such a 'that guy' thing to do...)

lol... I never knew! I don't feel so lonely now... was it... Tink? :ph34r: