Worst disaster show you ever marched in.

In 2006 our electronics didn't work in Denver and it created a huge cluster**** for a little while until we brought it back together.

as far as personal mistakes, I stepped out of a hold early at Quarterfinals in 2007. :doh:

Some people have the ability to remember almost every show and rehearsal site they were at... I do not have this ability. Those are the ones that stick out in my mind.

whats electronics never had them in my day great corps didnt need them

In 2007 I do remember the show in Louisville, KY. Very well. There was a few seconds of delay starting the show because of something with the amplification and mics, but it seemed to be settled after that.

Right after the opener, and leading into Blue Shades was a Martha Graham quote from one of the pit members. Well all you heard was "Martha Grah-----" and the mic just cut off completely.

So here we are marching the intro to Blue Shades, normally with narration only. Instead, it was SILENCE.

Then....the first entrance is mellos....

DEE-DAH....

...silence....

...dee-dah dee-dah dee-dah DEE-DAH

....more silence.....

Okay, you get the point. Well anyway Hopkins freaked out and thought we were going to get 3rd behind Phantom and Cavies. Nope. We beat them both, and I think we even won the GE caption too.

Back then it was like WTF?? Today it's kinda funny. I mean really funny!

Was totally at that show. The crowd around me (and myself included) loved it. :tongue:

i had two different shows where i had a head break at the end of the opener (i marched bass every year i marched)...one was in 2004 grand omega ultra super fantastic redundant finals (or w/e it was called) for Div 2/3...the other was a show in Oregon in 2007..

whats electronics never had them in my day great corps didnt need them

Wow. I've got a lot of respect for you... not. Pretty sure nobody does now.

Anyway... my only disaster wasn't really bad at all. I tripped over another member's feet during a follow the leader, where we were hauling a** backwards. I fell and rolled out of the way as best as I could. Luckily the member who would have tripped over me was also on his game, and didn't trip over me even though he couldn't see me. I got up really fast, and luckily my hole moved right to where I fell for the next set. Some called it recovery of the year. I wish there was a video of it so I could see how it played out, but oh well. That was my first (and so far last) fall during a show ever.

• Like 1

I'm going to go with the year we opened with the Main Theme to Titanic, followed by the ballad from the Poseidon Adventure ("It's Got to be the Morning After"), with a drum solo from Earthquake, and finishing up with a medley of tunes from Airport, Airport '75 and Airplanes 1, 2 and the never released 3. Hard to believe we didn't make finals that year.

• Like 4

I'm going to go with the year we opened with the Main Theme to Titanic, followed by the ballad from the Poseidon Adventure ("It's Got to be the Morning After"), with a drum solo from Earthquake, and finishing up with a medley of tunes from Airport, Airport '75 and Airplanes 1, 2 and the never released 3. Hard to believe we didn't make finals that year.

Was this a Bridgemen show that I never heard of? :thumbup::tongue:

• Like 1

In 2003, we had a show in Des Plains, IL and it being our home show, we were the last to perform. It had rained that day, and the field was wet, the lines were gone and the thick grass was lying flat. Imagine Spin Cycle on a slip-n-slide. A friend of mine who marched Cadets told me after the show that from his vantage point(from the end zone) he counted 23 people that had fallen. The number must have been much higher! Luckily there were no injuries.

This one is too easy...

1992, Sacramento Freelancers.... HOME SHOW. We stepped off. It was a mes from the first downbeat and only got worse. After 30 seconds of the opener, I could not believe my eyes or my ear, because if I did not know any better, I saw the DM signal a cut, and shout "CUT!! RESET!!". How embarassing!

I win.

What the heck........How can I not remember that.

I do remember in 1991 a week before nats, our DM accidentally didn't count of the drum solo in Dance Suite after cutting off the fermata. Eventually we just started playing and thankfully things got back on track. What was great from a percussion side was that at that exact moment the percussion judge had a bit of a sneezing fit and missed the whole problem.......we had our highest drum score of the season that night......go figure