Worst disaster show you ever marched in.

I was at that show! And I remember that moment! Question though: how was the sound played during the tenors solo right before Puck generated?

I think the sound was coming out, just very very quietly; the tenor solo sound effect was pretty loud, and it was the only thing playing (besides) the tenors, so it makes sense that you would have heard it. The frozen moment was really quiet to begin with, though, so that's why you couldn't hear it.

Yeah....winning your first championship is hardly a disaster.

Might be thinking of Garfield 84 at Whitewater finals, tho....

The ultimate disaster. I said it before, watching it from the top of the famous hill at Whitewater while it happened, was one of the most painful things to watch..... ever.

I was in one in 83 with the Buccaneers of Merrimack Valley where we had a cross tempo of one beat for most of the concert number, I'm thinking we were off side to side for 1 1/2 minutes. Horrible. But 85 Finals with the Cadets at the beginning of Candide was the worst crash and burn we had all year. I'm still not sure what happened. On the field it felt like the world had ended for 5 seconds. After that, I remember recovering and thinking "OK, well that's that. Let's just show off. Because it's over." So we did. If you look at the broadcast, you'll see Hoppy actually leaving on the track before the show's over. Later he said that was one of the worst mistakes he ever made with the corps. His speech to us after our show before the scores was "Not this time. Sorry guys." Somehow, it didn't seem to matter. Most people didn't catch the mistake. But it felt shattering.

Alright, I've got to do it...

In 2005, we performed at Westchester (pretty sure) where the stadium was open on one side to nothing but trees. When it got dark, that side of the stadium was pitch black. During Liquid a couple sets before the "fish", I slid left across the field right in front of The Door. Well, the side of The Door is freakin' black... so I'm flying across the field, looking through my contra, trying to find/pick out the door from the equally black forest beyond, when...

WHAM!

I bounced off and stood still for a split second, flipping out. Then, I was able to sprint backward with my horn up the whole time to catch up to the form before I hurt someone. But man, that was rough. The other contra guys ragged me the rest of the season. :) Good times.

Hi Szuba.

Well well well....my turn.

In 2007 I do remember the show in Louisville, KY. Very well. There was a few seconds of delay starting the show because of something with the amplification and mics, but it seemed to be settled after that.

Right after the opener, and leading into Blue Shades was a Martha Graham quote from one of the pit members. Well all you heard was "Martha Grah-----" and the mic just cut off completely.

So here we are marching the intro to Blue Shades, normally with narration only. Instead, it was SILENCE.

Then....the first entrance is mellos....

DEE-DAH....

...silence....

...dee-dah dee-dah dee-dah DEE-DAH

....more silence.....

Okay, you get the point. Well anyway Hopkins freaked out and thought we were going to get 3rd behind Phantom and Cavies. Nope. We beat them both, and I think we even won the GE caption too.

Back then it was like WTF?? Today it's kinda funny. I mean really funny!

Some really hot day many years back at prelims in Whitewater, people were passes out all over the place. I felt a bit guilty breaking ranks to step around the guy vomiting in front of me…

uhh... what? that's not a disaster show...

shutup.gif

The show wasn't a disaster at finals. To my knowledge, the first time they performed the Z-pull something like 20 hornline members fell. THATS a disaster if you ask me.

shutup.gif

The show wasn't a disaster at finals. To my knowledge, the first time they performed the Z-pull something like 20 hornline members fell. THATS a disaster if you ask me.

Ah.....so they practiced the Whitewater Wipeout a year early??

• Like 1