What's the Best DCI show NOT to win?

Given the choices, I said 1988 SCV and 2010 Cavaliers.

The first question had some great choices for sure, but I went for 87 SCV. I remember sitting in the stands in Madison thinking that I may have seen the best two corps shows ever, and feeling that it should have been a tie and I would have been fine with a tie. The energy and performance of both Garfield and SCV that night was simply amazing.

Cavies on the second question.

88 Blue Devils (which aren't even on the poll..... come on now!)

09 Crown

Yep, I'm a homer...... :tongue:

Best show not to win? Meaning the most proficient performance that wasn't first place? Got to be BD 08 Risking Absurdity. We would count ourselves fortunate to see a second-place show that excellent ever again.

All due respect to Cavies 03, Cadets 07, SCV 88 which also were great performances. So were Cavies 90, Cadets 92 and Cadets 95.

HH

I was going to say 93 star... but as much as a think that show should have won.. I watch cadets, star, and phantom back to back... many different ways and i would still put them in second to Cadets. So I went with a show that i thought should have won.

89 Regiment. SCV was AWESOME... but Phantom was robbed. #### they were robbed. I mean I guess it was SCVs destiny... but whatever. I wasn't even a full year old yet... hahaha.

Cavies for 2010. Performed very well. GREAT DRILL. BC was very close behind though. Too much of a performance drop off between 3rd and 4th for me though.

Honorable mentions

93 star, 06 regiment, 09 Crown, 03 Cavies, BD 2000 and 04.

Cadets tied Blue Devils for second in 2001 with "Juxtaperformance", but are missing from the poll.

Theirs was certainly my favorite performance that year, but my choice for the poll is Phantom 1989.

I've always said Phantom 78 is the best show of all time, and I also lurve BD 84, but neither is on this poll. (Why) So I went with Phantom 89.

My choice - Phantom '89. I think it held up as a masterpiece for many, many years after, too.

Honorable mentions - 2008 Blue Devils (Constantly Risking Absurdity), 2003 Cavaliers (Spin Cycle), 1991 Cavaliers (Cavalier Anthems - The Advent Collection).

Mike