TOC Rockford, IL - July 17th - ON SALE NOW!

For $63, I would I hope it's a free buffet, not a plate and done

For taht much, I'd expect all-you-can-eat Beef-A-Roo.

How about I let you pay 27 to sit on the 50 and stop complaining. Ill even throw in free parking if you promise to stop bringing negativity in a thread simply advertising the release of ticket sales. Oh wait....they already have both of those things as an option.

hmmmmmmmmmmm........Top 8 corps all in one place for 27 bucks AND sitting on the 50 - SURELY THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING ELSE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THAT WILL HELP BRING ABOUT THE ULTIMATE BOYCOTT AND DESTRUCTION OF THE G8.

my issue is not just anti G8. it's value. To me, I prefer quality and quantity. I am a fan of ALL drum corps, not just the best, hence why I watched EVERY corps that performed in Indy last year, as well as all 23 WC corps at least twice in the opportunities available to me.

As many of the pro DCI people keep telling us ( and believe it or not, I am pro DCI, just anti DCI stupidity) we're in a horrible economy. These stadiums aren't exactly Lucas Oil. I think the price is too high.

so have no fear, I'm done here. Hey I hope it sells out for you. I'll spending less to see more elsewhere

This show WILL sell out - thank you.

Its a VERY SMALL high school stadium and my original intent with this posting was to be sure that those in this area that wanted to come GOT THE CHANCE.

MOST of the $63 seats are either reserved for Phantom Regiment sponsors or booster club members - like me.

I have no problem giving my corps $63 for this event even if no comps were included.

BUT, very few seats are $63 - most are $27 or LESS.

....comparing a high school stadium to Lucas Oil Statium or Allentown is.......well just fill in the blank.

Rockfordians will fill this show, we always do, but I wanted to give the rest of you a chance to attend too.

As for unlimited buffet from Beef-A-Roo (a long time Phantom Regiment local sponsor) - I think someone made a deal now with Culvers.......we dont hear much about Beef-A-Roo.

• Like 2

my issue is not just anti G8. it's value. To me, I prefer quality and quantity. I am a fan of ALL drum corps, not just the best, hence why I watched EVERY corps that performed in Indy last year, as well as all 23 WC corps at least twice in the opportunities available to me.

So you are just not a fan of small local shows at all. You only want to go to the big ones with 8 Plus corps. Because if a local show has 8 or less corps then its not worth for you to go, no matter who those 8 or less corps are?

Edited by charlie1223

I wish I had a local show to go to. We used to have a DCI show here in Montreal called "Invitation Quebec" but it's been gone for a while now.

Justin Bieber sometimes comes to Montreal but for the crazy price of his tickets, you don't get any BBQ dinner or free parking. :tongue: You also don't get any ear plugs to protect your hearing from the throngs of 14 year old delusional girls screaming at him.....

• Like 1

As many of the pro DCI people keep telling us ( and believe it or not, I am pro DCI, just anti DCI stupidity) we're in a horrible economy. These stadiums aren't exactly Lucas Oil. I think the price is too high.

so have no fear, I'm done here. Hey I hope it sells out for you. I'll spending less to see more elsewhere

Say what you want, but if you're going to make comparisions to make your point, at least make accurate ones. Comparing a one night TOC show to a regional where everyone there is pointless. The value of the regional will ALWAYS seem higher, because if the cost per ticket grew as much as the # of corps competing when compared to a local venue like Rockford the prices would be over 100.00 per ticket. Last year I payed roughly 20 bucks to see 3-4 top 12 corps and a few smaller ones play in La Crosse. The costs on average for similar shows around the country are probably similar. Paying 30 bucks to see last years top 8 is a HUGE deal, and THERE is where your comparison lies.

Carping about price on this event is ridiculous. You can see "The Usual Suspects" plus Blue Stars, competing head to head in a specialized format, and get seats on the 50 for $27.

I've never gone to Show of Shows in the past, even though Rockford's only a 90 minute drive for me, but c'mon, for that kinda ticket price for that lineup, you'd have to be a little nuts (or be carrying a pretty big grudge) not to jump on it.

Edited by mobrien

So you are just not a fan of small local shows at all. You only want to go to the big ones with 8 Plus corps. Because if a local show has 8 or less corps then its not worth for you to go, no matter who those 8 or less corps are?

I go to several small shows a year if possible. I don't pay that much to do so.

Spring Kickoff tonight.

Gonna hear part of Juliet as the horns are warming up in the hallway.

DCI is here taping parts for the TOC ads.

Dan A has spoken - a short pep rally.

Time for a couple videos and then the live music.

Is it summer yet???

SUTA!

Spring Kickoff tonight.

Gonna hear part of Juliet as the horns are warming up in the hallway.

DCI is here taping parts for the TOC ads.

Dan A has spoken - a short pep rally.

Time for a couple videos and then the live music.

Is it summer yet???

SUTA!

Wow, Dan A spoke and TOC ad filming? Sounds like fun in Phantom Land!! :D

--what did Dan talk about???--- :ph34r: