Pennsylvania Drum Corps Hall of Fame

The Induction Class of 2011 for the Pennsylvania Drum Corps Hall of Fame is as follows:

Associate Membership

Raymond Bunting - Reilly Raiders

David Greiner - Altoona Gardner Guards

Christopher Hoover - Reilly Raiders

Full Membership

Jack Cassidy - Reilly Raiders

Lee A. Deshler - Reading Buccaneers

Jack McDevitt - Reilly Raiders

William E Penderghest - Reilly Raiders

Bill Speakman - Pittsburgh Rockets

Ray Williamson - Yearsley Blackhawks, Archer-Epler

Lifetime Membership

Jim Bell - Liberty Bell, Reilly Raiders, Reilly Raiders Alumni

Bill Bodnar - Pittsburgh Rockets, Steel City Ambassadors

Norman J. Cimerol - Reading Buccaneers, Reading Alumni Corps

Alfredo Cola - Belvederes, Reading Buccaneers, Reading Alumni Corps

Wayner Decker - Johnsonburg Diplomats/Grey Knights

Daniel A. DeLong, Jr. - Westshoremen

David A Hughes, Jr. York White Roses

Matt Krempasky - Crossman

Joel L. Leson - Vasella Musketeers, Archer-Epler Musketeers

Bob McCardle - Elmwood Cadets, Upper Darby "214", Reilly Raiders

Don E. McGonigal - Johnsonburg Diplomats/Grey Knight

Daniel R. Rippon - Johnsonburg Diplomats/Grey Knights

Paul P. Semicek - Keystoners

Donald "Bud" Speaker - Armstrong Yellow Jackets, Johnsonburg Diplomats/Grey Knights

William J. "Bill" Thissen, III - Archer-Epler

George H. Wicks, Jr. - Boy Scouts of America Troop #140, Reilly Raiders

Fred Windish - Reading Buccaneers

Bruno D. Zuccala - General Butler Vagabonds

Posthumous Awards

Ned Baldinger - Reading Buccaneers

Dave Wise - Reilly Raiders

George N. Parks - Reading Buccaneers

The 5th Annual Breakfast and Induction Ceremony will take place on Sunday, April 10, 2011 in Harrisburg, Pa. at the Crown Plaza Banquet Room located at 2 N. 2nd Street. Once again it will be the day following the Last Serenade in Brass. Those wishing to attend need to email your reservation request to the pennsylvaniadchof@gmail.com,or you may call 412-974-8437 to make your reservation as well.

This year all reservations will need to be paid in advance with a check or money order made payable to the PaDCHOF. After you have emailed for your reservation you will be told where to send your remittance for you admission tickets.

This being the Last Serenade in Brass it is expected to be a rather large gathering so it is suggested that you make your reservations as early as possible.

This affair has proven to be rather popular as a way to end a perfect Drum Corps weekend amongst good Drum Corps people and also a chance to rub elbows with some of the true legends of our activity.

Again the sooner you make your reservations the sooner you are assured of being able to attend this affair. Last year we had upwards of 200 people in attendance.

Edited by PennsylvaniaDCHOF

Dan Rippon was also an instructor and director of the Westshoremen. Congrats Dan!

and To Dan Delong, who also marched and taught the Crossmen and the Bucs...my mentor...I'm so very happy to see you so honored. Your legacy lives on locally as those of us you taught teach now

Edited by Jeff Ream

Congratulations to the new inductees!!!!

I am grateful to Michael Siglow and members of his Certification Committee for accepting me into the Pennsylvania Drum Corps Hall of Fame. It's been a long and varied career in drum corps made possible by scores of good friendships developed over the years. There is no better satisfaction than approval of one's peers.

Thanks so much!

Fred

Wow! What a list! I, too, am humbled and honored to be accepted into the Pennsylvania Drum Corps Hall of Fame. I wish that I didn't have to read the word "posthumous" above the names of two Buccaneers I had the pleasure to march next to/under/work with/work for over the years - Ned and George were exemplars of the first line from the corps song: "we're all good men....."

And thanks again, Doug Rutan, for driving me to my first Bucs rehearsal when I was just 18 years old. It only took about 3 minutes of watching Tony Yaklich work with the horn line to convince us that it was worth the hundred mile trip in from Jersey. (Actually, it might have taken about one lip slur and one breathing exercise, now that I think about it.)

Who knew that marching in that amazing '79-'81 horn line would somehow lead to even better opportunities down the road? Drum corps has certainly been very, very good to me.

Congratulations to the Pennsylvania Drum Corps Hall of Fame class of 2011.

Matt Krempasky

Congrats to all...

nice touch on Donnie McGonigal... well deserved... I hope his son has already delivered the news...

There have been a couple of corrections made to our list of Inductees.

Jack Cassidy will be inducted as a Lifetime Member and Anthony Lanzillotti will be advancing from Full Membership to Lifetime Membership. Sorry for the inconvenience.

The Induction Class of 2011 for the Pennsylvania Drum Corps Hall of Fame is as follows:

Associate Membership

Raymond Bunting - Reilly Raiders

David Greiner - Altoona Gardner Guards

Christopher Hoover - Reilly Raiders

Full Membership

Lee A. Deshler - Reading Buccaneers

Jack McDevitt - Reilly Raiders

William E Penderghest - Reilly Raiders

Bill Speakman - Pittsburgh Rockets

Ray Williamson - Yearsley Blackhawks, Archer-Epler

Advancing from Full Membership to Lifetime Membership

Anthony Lanzillotti

Lifetime Membership

Jim Bell - Liberty Bell, Reilly Raiders, Reilly Raiders Alumni

Bill Bodnar - Pittsburgh Rockets, Steel City Ambassadors

Jack Cassidy - Reilly Raiders

Norman J. Cimerol - Reading Buccaneers, Reading Alumni Corps

Alfredo Cola - Belvederes, Reading Buccaneers, Reading Alumni Corps

Wayner Decker - Johnsonburg Diplomats/Grey Knights

Daniel A. DeLong, Jr. - Westshoremen

David A Hughes, Jr. York White Roses

Matt Krempasky - Crossman

Joel L. Leson - Vasella Musketeers, Archer-Epler Musketeers

Bob McCardle - Elmwood Cadets, Upper Darby "214", Reilly Raiders

Don E. McGonigal - Johnsonburg Diplomats/Grey Knight

Daniel R. Rippon - Johnsonburg Diplomats/Grey Knights

Paul P. Semicek - Keystoners

Donald "Bud" Speaker - Armstrong Yellow Jackets, Johnsonburg Diplomats/Grey Knights

William J. "Bill" Thissen, III - Archer-Epler

George H. Wicks, Jr. - Boy Scouts of America Troop #140, Reilly Raiders

Fred Windish - Reading Buccaneers

Bruno D. Zuccala - General Butler Vagabonds

Posthumous Awards

Ned Baldinger - Reading Buccaneers

Dave Wise - Reilly Raiders

George N. Parks - Reading Buccaneers

The 5th Annual Breakfast and Induction Ceremony will take place on Sunday, April 10, 2011 in Harrisburg, Pa. at the Crown Plaza Banquet Room located at 2 N. 2nd Street. Once again it will be the day following the Last Serenade in Brass. Those wishing to attend need to email your reservation request to the pennsylvaniadchof@gmail.com,or you may call 412-974-8437 to make your reservation as well.

This year all reservations will need to be paid in advance with a check or money order made payable to the PaDCHOF. After you have emailed for your reservation you will be told where to send your remittance for you admission tickets.

This being the Last Serenade in Brass it is expected to be a rather large gathering so it is suggested that you make your reservations as early as possible.

This affair has proven to be rather popular as a way to end a perfect Drum Corps weekend amongst good Drum Corps people and also a chance to rub elbows with some of the true legends of our activity.

Again the sooner you make your reservations the sooner you are assured of being able to attend this affair. Last year we had upwards of 200 people in attendance.

Wow! What a list! I, too, am humbled and honored to be accepted into the Pennsylvania Drum Corps Hall of Fame. I wish that I didn't have to read the word "posthumous" above the names of two Buccaneers I had the pleasure to march next to/under/work with/work for over the years - Ned and George were exemplars of the first line from the corps song: "we're all good men....."

And thanks again, Doug Rutan, for driving me to my first Bucs rehearsal when I was just 18 years old. It only took about 3 minutes of watching Tony Yaklich work with the horn line to convince us that it was worth the hundred mile trip in from Jersey. (Actually, it might have taken about one lip slur and one breathing exercise, now that I think about it.)

Who knew that marching in that amazing '79-'81 horn line would somehow lead to even better opportunities down the road? Drum corps has certainly been very, very good to me.

Congratulations to the Pennsylvania Drum Corps Hall of Fame class of 2011.

Matt Krempasky

Congratulations Matt!

This honor is well deserved!!