2011 SCV

Go SCV! Can't wait to watch the webcast from Minneapolis, you guys are doing great! Making so many huge improvements this season, can't wait to see what the rest of the summer holds! Keep climbing that staircase guys, you can only go up from here! :thumbup: :thumbup:

• Like 2

SCV is the real deal people.

Nice jump last night, I knew it. I called it.

Here they come... THE SANTA CLARA VANGUARD!

The Drum Line is the bomb, can't wait to see your show... LIVE!

I am going to call it right now, 2011 darkhorse... SCV!

bump

• Like 2

The design is there. I'm wondering now if the performance will be. It has to get better if this show is going to get into the top 6, where it belongs, IMO.

I'm with you there Lance. The design is sure there, ever since '08, SCV has really been pushing their design very high, they just need to performance to nail it. They are really improving in leaps and bounds from the start of the season to now, you can really tell the kids are getting the show under their feet. I just wonder when the point is that they have to get it done so they can move up? There's that point every season, where no matter how much you start selling your show, you're too far behind the curve of other's improving to really jump up. I'm hoping they start moving up by next week or Atlanta. :thumbup:

Go SCV! You've got a great show!

• Like 4

They are really improving in leaps and bounds from the start of the season to now, you can really tell the kids are getting the show under their feet.

Go SCV! You've got a great show!

No question about it!

It will be a shame if it ultimately takes people months or longer to realize how awesome this program is. Regardless of what happens when this is all over (I, of course, think they're incredibly underrated), this will clearly be an amazing show to keep revisiting on DVD, and I predict it will be one that's a top favorite on a lot of people's iPods!

VANGUARD!!!

• Like 4

It is amazing that EVERY YEAR, People say the SAME THING...If only if SCV could of executed the show! BULL CRAP!!!

The corps get the same talent, the same average age...the same kind of people that want to be great! It comes down to the design people...

You design for your members, Not JUST FOR YOUR OWN EGOS!!!!

• Like 3

nah, the brass performance is pretty bad right now. there's just no way around that. even in the ballad, which is full of long chords, it's out of balance and out of tune. that's a performance problem, not a design problem.

this isn't like the mid-late 00s for them where they were being given uncleanable drill and music.

the design has taken a huge step in the right direction since 09.

performance needs to match the design, and they'll be fine.

nah, the brass performance is pretty bad right now. there's just no way around that. even in the ballad, which is full of long chords, it's out of balance and out of tune. that's a performance problem, not a design problem.

this isn't like the mid-late 00s for them where they were being given uncleanable drill and music.

the design has taken a huge step in the right direction since 09.

performance needs to match the design, and they'll be fine.

Yep your right, brass performance, but they still get credit for it, which for the life of me, boggles my mind. It is so annoying. If you ain't got it, you should not get credit for it, IMO. They are much better... Live. Pretty cool stuff going on. We will see where they take it. Good show in Minn. Really enjoyed it. PEACE!

• Like 1

This is the best show SCV has put on the field since 1999. Bar none. I would say this is the third best show I have ever seen from them behind 1999 and 1989. It just needs to get squeaky clean visually and the brass needs to get in a horn arc for about a week and get in tune and up to snuff and it will be ridiculously amazing.

Edited by DCISuperfan
  • Like 3