2011 SCV

SCV leaves Clovis, NM this evening for Ft Worth, Texas after two very productive days adding layers to an already complex show. The interaction between brass, guard, and drums is pretty amazing.

Anticipation continues to climb as the Devil’s Staircase is sure to be one of the more entertaining Vanguard programs of the past 10 years.

We hope to see you in Texas!

I'm really looking forward to seeing this show live twice this season. After hearing the early reviews, I was prepared to be disappointed, but I really enjoyed the performance in the cinecast. Can't wait to see it polished and live. Thank you, Vanguard, for pushing the limits of drum corps in an awesome direction.

• Like 2

Why is the hornline so far behind? Just wondering. SCV always had a good if not great corps. I really wonder if they won't be able to pull the horns up to meet the excellent drum line. Not trying to be a flamethrower but....

Dear SCV,

NO ONE ELSE is battling a bigger beast of a show filled with more potential GE this year than you. If you learn to play and march it better by the end of the season you'll be looking at a medal and a lot of happy fans. But right now, Lucifer is kicking your #####. Can't wait to see how this show looks by the end of the season, but right now it's just gushing with potential :worthy:

I have been one to be down on SCV's hornline and very concern that SCV could even break the top 5 until I saw the Stockton show on EBUTUOY, Search "SCV at U.O.P." Got goosebumps, the hornline has really improved, sounding better and better. The overall show is really coming through. Could be a dark horse to contend.

great show that's getting better every day. love the music!!!