Drum Corps DVD's

Hello everyone. I've recently come into some money, and I can finally afford to buy some Drum Corps DVD's! My only problem is picking the right one. I haven't followed DCI as closely as I would like for the past few years, mostly since they killed off the broadcast. There aren't any good shows in this area anymore, and attending Finals is a crude, expensive joke.

So, I want to get back into it and I'm wondering which DVD from the past 5-6 years is the best bang for the buck. If you could only pick one, which year do you feel has the best overall collection of shows? It'll probably be a long time before I can afford to buy anymore, so I want to make it count.

2008 but I would say that. Worth it for the retreat/results alone.

I would actually go back to 2003...my favorite from these last 10 years...or 2005 is also a good year...

I echo the 2008 comments...although not my favorite year overall, the Phantom Hype, show and retreat are well worth the cost...

Could do like I did, and go for all of them. lol

Another vote for 2008.

Great Regiment show

My favorite Crown show

Terrific shows from Cavies, Vanguard, Bluecoats and Blue Stars

Greatest crowd reaction of all time when second place was announced

For the price of one DVD you can buy a one year subscription to the Fan Network and watch every show from 1974-2010. Just something to consider.

• Like 1

Thanks guys! Seems like 2008 is the way to go. I have a few Legacy DVD's and there are some years that are just magical, where every single corps in the top 12 is just stunning. 1979, 1989, 1991 come to mind. I was hoping there was something like that in the modern era.