The new theater event thing.

The first two shows of the season in Texas are NOT TOC events.

They do have the top 8 corps from last year and were originally going to be TOC events but plans changed. They are "just" drum corps shows where the 8 highest scoring corps from last year kick off the season in an unprecedented weekend.

Adding in a theater broadcast so that the rest of the country can see is an intriguing idea.

I think its a cool idea, so people around the country can see the beginning (for these 8 corps) and the end at theaters. I like it.

I think its a cool idea, so people around the country can see the beginning (for these 8 corps) and the end at theaters. I like it.

They might even appreciate the evolution of these corps even more. because frankly we know how different the designs will be by the end of the season and finally a nice video comparison will make that even more interesting!

• Like 1

Would you be satisfied if they renamed it? Maybe to "Tour of Champions from the last TWO DECADES."

Seriously get over the TOC already and earn your way in....

Sounds pretty harsh...there sir( or maam).

Let me clarify, i dont oppose the TOC, just the name of it. Also it may have been 22 and 35 years ago, but they were still champions none the less, you cant deny Stars championship( in the past 2 decades)

As for earning it. You got it. See ya on the feild this summer. Take Care, and MYNWA.

Edited by Tee
  • Like 1

I have to agree with this ^ . Because if you want to get picky with it then take the Blue Stars into consideration... they have been champions.. in 89- A/60 champions. 93-A/60 champions, 2001-Div III champions, 03-div III champions... so if you want to get that nit picky then Blue Stars are champions.

True, if we want to " get picky " and broaden the definition to say that the Blue Stars were " Champions " because they did so in lower divisions, we could just as easily broaden the definition and say the Boston Crusaders and the Troopers are " Champions " too, as both won National Championships in the TOP division of Corps and in a timeframe in which there were far more Corps in that highest national division when they did so too. But again, what some group wants to call themselves is just marketing mumbo jumbo, and in the grand scheme of things, the name is just not a big deal, imo.

Edited by BRASSO

if i didnt know what DCI was, i wouldnt pay a decent amount of money to go watch something called "tour of the top 8 from last season" or "top 8 of 2010". "tour of champions" has a better appeal to people not in the know.

i do like how i'll be able to see some corps "live" this summer that i might have otherwise missed if i dont go to finals...

• Like 3

if i didnt know what DCI was, i wouldnt pay a decent amount of money to go watch something called "tour of the top 8 from last season" or "top 8 of 2010". "tour of champions" has a better appeal to people not in the know.

i do like how i'll be able to see some corps "live" this summer that i might have otherwise missed if i dont go to finals...

Yeah, and that does make sense.... but another thing i wish that it would be a an event where its a current top 8 adds more to the fuel of competition in comparison to the other corps feeling they are not good enough. As you said in your previous post, earn it. Lets fight(figuratively) for it and see how that goes.

Edited by Tee

My only question is how they're going to keep the scores and placements from leaking out. My guess is that it'll be all over the internet within minutes and keep cellphone providers smiling too.

that's so true. I mean, yea, its broadcast in theaters and yea, there is a lot of hype... But we're still just going to see June drum corps... Still better than April drum corps!

I agree. Also, I doubt that I will actually go see any of the corps live this year, so the theater thing may be my only fix.

Wait, I'll do the FN, nevermind....

Eh, I like the idea.

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 1