Hot or Not: 3 Cadets T-shirt Designs

89 members have voted

1. 1. Which T-shirt design do you like?

• Design 1: Angel and Demons figure
    • Design 2: Ying and Yang
    • Design 3: Minimalistic Angel and Demon wings

• 9 months later...

Had to revisit this thread. Tonight I'm watching an SNL clip show (Women of SNL) when a fake commercial popped up containing an image we're very familiar with. The synopsis is that Amy Poehler is a super pregnant woman at a country/western bar. She ends up on the dance floor with host Josh Brolin, and the "punchline" is that the 'commercial' is for a perfume called "I'm No Angel." There is an image in the product's logo, and sure enough it is EXACTLY the same as Cadets 2011 angels & demons (minus the color scheme shirt. The episode aired originally October 18, 2008 so there is no doubt that whomever designed the shirt ripped it off from the SNL graphic.

Here's a video of the SNL skit in question:

the lego is at the 1:52 mark.

For reference here is a link with the Cadets shirt design:

http://www.yea.org/site/Survey?ACTION_REQUIRED=URI_ACTION_USER_REQUESTS&SURVEY_ID=9443

I know it is difficult for an organization to check to see if the logo was ripped off from someone, and likely Cadets took the design in good faith from whomever submitted it. That being said, shame on whomever the lame person was that ripped off someone else's work (which I would bet NBC owns the rights to). It's no wonder why that design was nearly undeniably the best looking design: because it was designed by a professional while the others were probably done by amateurs. In the grand scheme of things this isn't a huge deal (though NBC/whomever REALLY designed the art work might consider this a pretty big deal), but I just thought you'd all like to know that some talentless hack is getting credit for something they stole.

Thats interesting... can't believe someone would rip it off. I am glade they didn't use that shirt!

Edited by Pat61
  • Like 1

Had to revisit this thread. Tonight I'm watching an SNL clip show (Women of SNL) when a fake commercial popped up containing an image we're very familiar with. The synopsis is that Amy Poehler is a super pregnant woman at a country/western bar. She ends up on the dance floor with host Josh Brolin, and the "punchline" is that the 'commercial' is for a perfume called "I'm No Angel." There is an image in the product's logo, and sure enough it is EXACTLY the same as Cadets 2011 angels & demons (minus the color scheme shirt. The episode aired originally October 18, 2008 so there is no doubt that whomever designed the shirt ripped it off from the SNL graphic.

Here's a video of the SNL skit in question:

the lego is at the 1:52 mark.

For reference here is a link with the Cadets shirt design:

http://www.yea.org/site/Survey?ACTION_REQUIRED=URI_ACTION_USER_REQUESTS&SURVEY_ID=9443

I know it is difficult for an organization to check to see if the logo was ripped off from someone, and likely Cadets took the design in good faith from whomever submitted it. That being said, shame on whomever the lame person was that ripped off someone else's work (which I would bet NBC owns the rights to). It's no wonder why that design was nearly undeniably the best looking design: because it was designed by a professional while the others were probably done by amateurs. In the grand scheme of things this isn't a huge deal (though NBC/whomever REALLY designed the art work might consider this a pretty big deal), but I just thought you'd all like to know that some talentless hack is getting credit for something they stole.

Design 3 is the work of none other than daniel rey.

It gets my vote. I like its spareness.

Uhm... D-rey.. u got some splanning to do! LOL!

• Like 1