Allentown Seating?

I'm just curious, based on people who have been before, how is the seating at the Eastern Classic? I already got tickets, and have been seated in section Q, row 11, seats 4,5, and 6. Are these seats closer to, or farther from the 50 yard line within the section?

I ask, because if they're on the far end of the section away from the 50, I'm considering selling to a friend, as I already have tickets to TOC in the New Meadowlands Stadium, which is the day after Allentown. There may be no reason really for me to be going to Allentown if the seats aren't prime.

Hey guys, just hoping for a little help here...don't want it to fly off the radar.

Hey guys, just hoping for a little help here...don't want it to fly off the radar.

Hey, I don't know how good your seats are, but you should consider two things:

1. TOC is an eight corps show (and there is NO guarantee that last year's top 8 will be repeated this year)

and, more importantly,

2. Allentown is a drum corps shrine, and for good reason. Over the two nights, you will see ALL the World Class corps(23 or 24). In addition, the area around the stadium is comprised of grassy areas, duck ponds, tall trees, and the best venue in DCI for checking out corps warming up. The other place is simply a stadium surrounded by lots of parking lots.

Do yourself a favor....go to Allentown. It will be a great weekend for you and your friends.

Craig

• Like 1

I think I'm just gonna go to both and deal with paying for a hotel. :)

Other issue is that I live in NYC and don't have a car to drive...

I believe the numbering goes from left to right in the section as you look at it. so if Q is on the left of the 50 the lower numbers would be farthest out in that section, and if Q is on the right of the 50 then the lower numbers would be closest to the 50.

hope this helps

I believe the numbering goes from left to right in the section as you look at it. so if Q is on the left of the 50 the lower numbers would be farthest out in that section, and if Q is on the right of the 50 then the lower numbers would be closest to the 50.

hope this helps

And this is facing the stands or facing the field?

Allentown is a great time regardless of seating. I have been in the center as well as off to the side. It is always a great experience no matter what. I really think anyone that is a drum corps fan needs to be there for the weekend at least once. I always got that it was a special place when I was a marching member, but going back since aging out has been a great way to open my eyes to what else is encompassed there.

The fact that you can almost walk to Cadets, Crown, and a couple corps rehearsals is a big plus. The crowds are always a good size for their ensembles. Once you get to the show, the warm up areas are so beautiful and open. It really reminds me of kind of "The Masters" or the "Indianapolis 500" of drum corps.

That in addition to the Ham Fam, Yocco's, and Lupo's is guaranteed to be an unforgettable experience :)

• Like 1

And this is facing the stands or facing the field?

facing the stands.

facing the stands.

Hm. Okay thanks. Mine are on the outside. I'm a bit dubious of the volume of sound anywhere out of the 35.