1988 Bluecoats percussion feature

So I just saw a video on DCI's website of the Bluecoats percussion feature from 1988, and saw that they ended it with 20 snares (alot more than what they started with). So, I thought maybe the tenors and cymbals switched to snare, so I watched the video again, and counted 9 snares, 5 cymbals and 5 tenors which would only be 19 snares at the end. So I was wondering if anyone knew where the last snare came from? Or if it wasn't even the tenors and cymbals that switched but someone else?

:blink:

Front ensemble

Did all 11 of the other snares come from the front ensemble? :huh:

So I just saw a video on DCI's website of the Bluecoats percussion feature from 1988, and saw that they ended it with 20 snares (alot more than what they started with). So, I thought maybe the tenors and cymbals switched to snare, so I watched the video again, and counted 9 snares, 5 cymbals and 5 tenors which would only be 19 snares at the end. So I was wondering if anyone knew where the last snare came from? Or if it wasn't even the tenors and cymbals that switched but someone else?

:blink:

Sorry for the OT, but I thought you might want to know that at the end of the tune, 19 of the guard members switched to soprano bugle. Check out Bluecoats 1988 Autumn Leaves.

I wonder if that will make Mr. Boo's list of five great brass moments. :ph34r:

I think by that math...all the cymbals and quads switched over to snare, and 1 front ensemble member picked one up as well.

Sorry for the OT, but I thought you might want to know that at the end of the tune, 19 of the guard members switched to soprano bugle. Check out Bluecoats 1988 Autumn Leaves.

I wonder if that will make Mr. Boo's list of five great brass moments. :ph34r:

On another OT note...

I only know of a few corps that have ever pulled colorguard members into the hornline...are there any more than these few?

- Garfield Cadets 77(?)

- Garfield Cadets 86

- Bluecoats 88

I think by that math...all the cymbals and quads switched over to snare, and 1 front ensemble member picked one up as well.

On another OT note...

I only know of a few corps that have ever pulled colorguard members into the hornline...are there any more than these few?

- Garfield Cadets 77(?)

- Garfield Cadets 86

- Bluecoats 88

1984 Freelancers marched 20 guard members in the drum corps uniform and horns... (did they put air through em?)

They did march in the horn line..

On another OT note...

- Garfield Cadets 77(?)

- Garfield Cadets 86

- Bluecoats 88

Bluecoats '94 during the end of C Jam Blues? Of course those were "saxomophones".... Doubt they were played.

Incidentally, Cavies '90 Guard was pulled into the "drumline" during the percussion feature. Probably happened in '88 and maybe '91 too.

Edited by jjeffeory

in 1988 we had all 5 tenors, 3 cymbals, and 3 front ensemble members join the snare line for the drum to drum. also there were 20 guard members who picked up the sopranos, and probably about 7 of those who actually played them.

Also - Originally in take 5 the 5 tenors and 5 cymbals picked up snares and played snare while the snares were on timbali/timbalito. This was scrapped midseason in favor of the tenors staying on tenors and the cymbals holding for ride work for the tenor players.

in 1987 we had all 5 tenors and 3 others (I believe they were all front ensemble members but 1 could have been a cymbal) join the snare line to make a 15 man snare line.

in 1987 the long snare line stayed stationary and the tenors and others went back to their own instruments when the horns came back in, but in 1988 they all stayed on snares through the end of the song/show.

Edited by bluecoats88