When should corps publicly announce their show?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. When should corps publicly announce their show?

• before November
    • November, December
    • January to March
    • April or May
    • First Contest

The correct answer to the poll question:

Whenever they #### well please.

Amen.

Why do corps wait so long to announce their show?

Maybe because they know when someone reads the show announcement its going to induce them into a hot dog buying frenzy. :tongue:

\

To me the best choice is for a corps to announce their program name early, promote early, sell t-shirts and posters early -

This guy gets it. :worthy:

The shows are getting so complex and need to be explained over and over before the average fan grasps them,,I do not understand why you would not want to get that information out to the public early.

The shows are getting so complex and need to be explained over and over before the average fan grasps them,,I do not understand why you would not want to get that information out to the public early.

Maybe it's because some of us are still working on trying to figure out the theme and message from a lot of last year's shows.

Baby steps here, baby steps.

Edited by BRASSO

Like I said, too many people over thinking drum corps these days. Just sit back and be entertained for cryin out loud!

The big thing is making sure that they have secured rights for the music to use. We've had a couple shows with blank spots on the DVD's and CD's the last few years, and the waiting game allows them to make sure we don't have a repeat of those follies again.

Plus, DCI is filled with stories of corps staff getting a few months in and going "okay, this show sucks, let's start over" in April or May. Heck, didn't one corps (Scouts? I can't recall) rewrite their entire show in June or July one year?

Yep....Madison in 76....and from everything ever posted about the original program, it was probably a good thing!

They still took 2nd under the juggernaut that was BD....amazing.

The correct answer to the poll question:

Whenever they #### well please.

Or - Waffles...

• Like 1

Why do corps wait so long to announce their show? Do they like the tension? Should there be a deadline to publicly announce? What would happen if DCI had an event where all the corps had to announce their shows on like a web cast?

Your thoughts please

copyrights?