A little advice for tour?

Dont bring every thing under the sun! You will regret it after moveins trying to cram everything in. By the first wal mart run you will know whay you need :thumbup:

Things to Bring List:

Good Attitude

Sun Block

DCT

Gold Bond

Hat

Back Pack

Lots of Socks

Extra Pair of Shoes (It rains a lot in the Mid West and South)

Poncho (See above)

Shower Shoes (Flip Flops)

More Gold Bond

Horn Polish/Polishing Rag

Sleeping bag

Foam Mattress Pad (Air Mattress if your Corps allows them)

Bus Things to Bring:

Suction cups (to hang stuff of windows and not leave tape marks)

Bungee Cords

Bath mat for feet (Optional...but I promise your feet and seat partner will love you!)

Slippers (BUS FEET SUCK THE BIG ONE)

Neck pillow

Personal Blanket

iPod (or that thing Microsoft makes)

Gold Bond

Munchies

Think that about covers it! I'll make additions if I remember anything else!

Aerobed or inflatable mattress for the times you get to crash on a floor instead of the bus. Make sure you sweep the floor before putting your bed down too, sucks when a pebble or thorn pokes a hole in it. If you like reading, get a Kindle. It can hold 1000's of books and will hold a charge for over a month (less if you use the built-in mp3 player).

As someone else mentioned, WORK OUT NOW! Life will be MUCH easier if you can crank out push-ups and sit-ups before jumping onto the pain train this summer. After a couple seasons of corps, Marine boot camp was a breeze.

Sit next to a chick on the bus, if you can. Don't eat anything that you know will give you gas, though.

If you end up having to sit next to another guy, it's all good. Eat whatever you want, but bring an empty gallon milk jug and learn how to pee in it.

Edited by HollywoodNeoCon
  • Like 5

Sit next to a chick on the bus, if you can. Don't eat anything that you know will give you gas, though.

If you end up having to sit next to another guy, it's all good. Eat whatever you want, but bring an empty gallon milk jug and learn how to pee in it.

And if you sit next to a female and she brings an empty gallon milk jug on the bus, don't ask any questions.

• Like 6

And if you sit next to a female and she brings an empty gallon milk jug on the bus, don't ask any questions.

And if you sit next to a female and she brings and empty gallon milk jug on the bus, don't ask any questions ask her to marry you.

FIFY, Boo.

Edited by HollywoodNeoCon

Biker shorts work for me, in lieu of gold bond.

Don't skimp on shoes...your feet will take a beating.

Treat others as you would like to be treated.

Maximize the size of your water jug.

Prioritize your time around sleeping/resting and being properly hydrated.

The social aspect is (supposed to be) a by-product of why you're there; NOT the reason why you're there. If you're always on your game, reliable, prepared and enthusiastic, you'll make friends for life.

Every move you make should go through a mental filter of "How will this decision make me and my corps a champion?"

• Like 2

If you sweat a lot, or are naturally prone to getting athlete's foot, tinactin spray will help. also, get your shoes and socks off as much as possible (WHEN NOT IN REHEARSAL obviously). It'll help save your feet.

Bring a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie for the bus.

Earplugs, especially if you're on a drum bus.

If you sweat a lot, or are naturally prone to getting athlete's foot, tinactin spray will help. also, get your shoes and socks off as much as possible (WHEN NOT IN REHEARSAL obviously). It'll help save your feet.

Bring a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie for the bus.

Earplugs, especially if you're on a drum bus.

TOUGH ACTIN TINACTIN!!!!