June 2011 Tour Premiere

So we get to see 8 incomplete dirty shows on the big screen. I can't wait.

I was thinking something similar.

And we wonder why the activity is supposedly dying. A chance to see some drum corps in a theater at a lower cost than going to an actual show, no chance of getting rained on and probably less travel involved, and you guys aren't interested because they might be incomplete and dirty? Wow. Just . . . wow.

I mean... the shows will definitely be dirty, and might well be incomplete. That is not really a "maybe" issue.

I don't think people go to drum corps shows worried about getting rained on, just that the show might be rained out, which can still happen if you buy a theater ticket.

The target audience doesn't know the shows are incomplete or dirty and/or doesn't care. We want more mainstream exposure for drum corps and we get it...Then we complain.

I think this TOC business is as terrible as many of you but people will show up in theaters for better or worse because of the above.

• Like 3

I'm with ya. I'll be passing on this.

See this is my test to see whether or not I'm going to go buy any MORE tickets for this year.

I mean, I'd like to see Madison, BK, Boston, and others too. Is there a show where I can see them? tongue.gif </jk>

Honestly, If I don't enjoy the skeleton of these shows, shows that are likely to be the best, then I may pass on live shows this year and just watch from the fan network...

I'll then go see my first DCA shows in almost 2 decades instead.

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 2

I'm fine with a dirty show in June. But don't give me an incomplete show.

I hated it when I marched and my staff did it.

I hated it when I was on staff, and the rest of the staff decided it was ok.

I hate it now. And I certainly won't pay to see it.

• Like 6

I think although some of the shows may be dirty, it is a great event. Top 8 in mid June is a great show. I hope the early competition will also help improve early season performances from some of the corps. I hope attendance is great at these shows, and in the theatres. I can't wait until June.

I thought as people who marched ourselves, we're supposed to be able to go to June shows and understand that they won't be clean; that point of the season is all about who's hit the ground with the shows that have the best ideas and the best potential - yes?

that's why some people go to shows. Other people go to shows to watch good drum corps, which is not, by any metric, on display in June.

I think although some of the shows may be dirty, it is a great event. Top 8 in mid June is a great show. I hope the early competition will also help improve early season performances from some of the corps. I hope attendance is great at these shows, and in the theatres. I can't wait until June.

Do you think BD will plan their spring training schedule differently b/c they will see Cavaliers in the first show of the season? Do you think BD does not already maximize their rehearsal times? Maybe BD will switch to a Cadets rehearsal schedule due to the other corps that will be at the first show?