Bluecoats announce their show!

So, after listening to Harvest, and really enjoying it, I have to ask the question.... What part of it are they going to be using? The opening sounds like it would fit, it sounds very Bluecoats-ish with its swing groove underneath, but if the way they announced the pieces is the way they're structuring the show, then it will be their closer, right? Which would put probably the last 4 minutes or so, which would still be amazing. I love this piece, and can't wait to see how Bluecoats treat it over the summer. Hope they can sound as good as the Joe Alessi version I have blasting from my speakers right now! :thumbup:

So, after listening to Harvest, and really enjoying it, I have to ask the question.... What part of it are they going to be using? The opening sounds like it would fit, it sounds very Bluecoats-ish with its swing groove underneath, but if the way they announced the pieces is the way they're structuring the show, then it will be their closer, right? Which would put probably the last 4 minutes or so, which would still be amazing. I love this piece, and can't wait to see how Bluecoats treat it over the summer. Hope they can sound as good as the Joe Alessi version I have blasting from my speakers right now! :thumbup:

Yes, somebody please answer this! Though I totally hear the Bluecoats going for the thrashy sort of groove section in the first half, I'm secretly hoping to hear the "Spring" section in the second half, after the slower section. It's just so bright, and would sound so good with a corps.....

Anybody know?

Yes, somebody please answer this! Though I totally hear the Bluecoats going for the thrashy sort of groove section in the first half, I'm secretly hoping to hear the "Spring" section in the second half, after the slower section. It's just so bright, and would sound so good with a corps.....

Anybody know?

yeah, the opening is really great, the swing groove is right up the alley for Bluecoats, but if they are structuring the show how they listed the pieces, then it would be the ending, and then they could use the ending chunk of the piece. it would still have the swing groove, but also add in the really cool final impact, with the intense melody and harmonies in it from the full orchestra.

hope we can find out soon.

I like where they went last year, so if it's similar, I look forward to it!

I hope Doug can produce arrangements of the caliber he did last season. He set the bar really high with those!

Edited by cmathis
  • Like 1