Bluecoats announce their show!

I wonder if some are confusing Aldous Huxley with George Orwell. Heck; some are probably confusing George Orwell with Greg Orwoll.

• Like 4

So is the title "Brave New World", as indicated in the logo, or "A Brave New World", as Michael Gray says at the beginning of his description?

Now I want spirits to enforce, art to enchant, and my ending is despair

of course, bloo originally inteneded to do the following show, but felt it would bet a bit too esoteric for joe drum corps fan:

"Foucault's Panopticon: Unwilling Prisoners of Modernity Striving to Understand a Postmodern Paradigm"

• Like 3

of course, bloo originally inteneded to do the following show, but felt it would bet a bit too esoteric for joe drum corps fan:

"Foucault's Panopticon: Unwilling Prisoners of Modernity Striving to Understand a Postmodern Paradigm"

That's the subtitle. :tongue:

Lol.

However, you guys can make fun all you want, but I'm excited to have a show that's dealing with big ideas like this.

Title year. Calling it right now.

Can't wait to see all the new stuff they're going to try!

Wouldn't that be incredible? Go Bloooo!

• Like 1

I do look forward to Radiohead on the field; however, playing "different" stuff should really entail getting away from Mackey and Daughtery. Bluecoats (and other corps) have played their stuff plenty of times . . .if you're going to try to move towards experimentation, then let's get away from "band/wind ensemble" composers.

I suppose I'm being a bit jaded with what I perceive as some navel-gazing with that video, but this doesn't do much to get me hyped for the show.

Well, not yet, anyway. :smile:

The "quadraphonic" stuff sounds kind of intriguing.

BUT, there's a reason radiohead lists "Creep" among their least favorite songs they ever made.

Well, with an announcement video and show theme that could border on pretentious, it actually warms my heart a little that they will be playing that song. Kind of the anti-Radiohead, the poster-boys of pretentiousness.

Soo soo pumped for this show. Great repertoire. Even better than last year's!