Blue Knights Show Announcement!

not sure prime is onboard with them this year.

You are correct sir! It's Mr. Bocook all the way.

not sure prime is onboard with them this year.

Granted this an old presser but I haven't seen anything to contradict it....

http://www.bknights.org/news/default.asp?id=409

BLUE KNIGHTS ANNOUNCE 2011 DESIGN TEAM

9/16/2010

The Blue Knights Drum and Bugle Corps is pleased to announce their 2011 program design team. Led by program coordinator and visual designer Marc Sylvester, this year’s team will see the return of musical arrangers Jim Prime and Jay Bocook along with percussion arranger Ralph Hardimon who returns to the corps after a 10 year hiatus.

“It is certainly an honor to have these four individuals working on behalf of the members of the Blue Knights,” stated Blue Knights Director Mark Arnold. “All are members of the DCI Hall of Fame and each has strongly influenced the drum corps community. In addition, all are accomplished educators and motivators with an unwavering commitment to their students. ”

"We are thrilled to be working with each other and excited about bringing another show that challenges the members while entertaining the fans," added Marc Sylvester. “Key to our success will be the return of all of our Caption Heads including Tim Newburn with the guard, Paul Weber assisted by Dan Darrah in percussion and Andy Smart with our brass program.”

Auditions for the Blue Knights will be held in both Texas and Colorado. For more information visit the Blue Knights web site at www.Bknights.org.

• Like 1

I was just going by what I heard, corpsband.

I'm a huge BK fan and an even huger Prime fan, and I heard awhile back that Prime wasn't working with them this year.

They still don't have the design staff for the 2011 show updated on their site.

Granted this an old presser but I haven't seen anything to contradict it....

http://www.bknights.org/news/default.asp?id=409

Hmmmmm, I feel like a dope now haha although, Jim Prime's name hasn't appeared on any of my music.

I was just going by what I heard, corpsband.

I'm a huge BK fan and an even huger Prime fan, and I heard awhile back that Prime wasn't working with them this year.

They still don't have the design staff for the 2011 show updated on their site.

Seems likely your info is correct (considering Adrian's message above). I've requested an update on BK's facebook page. We'll see what happens.

• Like 1

I love this music, but not on the field. There is a reason that most of this stuff has been unsuccessful in the marching activity, when it has even been attempted. Some pieces should stay in the concert band setting... All of these fall in that category :(

Don't give up hope yet, I have a feeling you might be pleasantly surprised. :]

• Like 2

Prime Is working with the Blue Knights, as the press release mentioned above states - He is not arranging the brass book though but is working with the 2011 design staff.

As for the desire to hear the Blue Knights play some of the show material, there is some early-mid winter camp footage/audio from various show and tell performances posted to the BK Facebook page.

I really hope they can build on last years show. I think last year was the best BK show ever. It will be hard to match.

• Like 1

Prime Is working with the Blue Knights, as the press release mentioned above states - He is not arranging the brass book though but is working with the 2011 design staff.

As for the desire to hear the Blue Knights play some of the show material, there is some early-mid winter camp footage/audio from various show and tell performances posted to the BK Facebook page.

sad to hear the master isn't doing any arranging. still think this will be a fun show, though. can't wait.