Serious Westshore Question....

actually, yhe clan started Westshore, went to KK when the corps broke up after 72, then came. I think Steve's first year was 1964. Sadly, I saw the whole clan last at Momma Fillipelli's funeral last year

While back I asked Steve about Keystone and he joked the it was the "Filipelli Family Drum Corps". Paul Gieger knew Steve better than me at the time and thinks Steve had just come home from the Navy when Keystone started up or when we joined a bit later.

Andy - thank you. After reading History of Drum Corps Vol I & II and in house history of Hanover (corps started 1920), I learned a lot about how sbout how early corps operated. Let's jut say I relly got the bug to find more (and I did). PS - if you come across the "Hanover, PA Bears or Bairs" that's the Lancers old name (AL Post Harold Bair).

Jeff - 1926?? Dang!!

Edited by JimF-LowBari

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to hear you recovered the data, Andy. IIRC, the corps cards had the "inc." there, my guess for business and legal purposes. Having it incorporated, IIRC, meant the individuals running the organization were protected from certain legal issues if there were to be a problem.

Speaking of the Flipp-a-penny clan... :worthy:

Never knew Frank or Steve were ever with another corps previous to Westshore, Jim.

My guess is Jamie would have been way too young, and possibly Tina might have been there as well? Man, when I started at 16, Jamie was one of the few people that was MORE of a kid than I was! :cool:

I see Steve off and on, last I knew Tina was married to Greg Lutz, and I haven't seen Jamie or Frank in 30 years. Good peeps all.

All I know is between Ream and Jim, and even me, we'll tell you all we know or try and find out for you, Andy. Just ask. :satisfied:

Tina was closer to our age W, (IIRC a year or two older maybe?!?!) LISA was the one married to Greg.... I vaguely remember Jamie, I think he played cymbals our first year...I know I met him in 78 when Smoothie and Randy Barry were trying to get me to join prior to the New Orleans trip.

Tina was closer to our age W, (IIRC a year or two older maybe?!?!) LISA was the one married to Greg.... I vaguely remember Jamie, I think he played cymbals our first year...I know I met him in 78 when Smoothie and Randy Barry were trying to get me to join prior to the New Orleans trip.

For me it was, Hi Steve, Hi Frank, Hi.. there... After a few years I forgot who WAS a Filipelli in the corps.

Yeah... jeez, I forgost Lisa! 5itty lashes wit da wet noodle! Last saw Greg around 1985ish at the CV band show.

Jamie, I'm sure was with us in '79... I'm certain he was there for at least '81 with Boom Boom. She knows. Man, we were YOUNG, Ben. God bless us. We were young and didn't know any better, which was a GOOD thing. We just wanted to play hard on and off the field and do good stuff. :thumbup:

Yeah... jeez, I forgost Lisa! 5itty lashes wit da wet noodle! Last saw Greg around 1985ish at the CV band show.

Jamie, I'm sure was with us in '79... I'm certain he was there for at least '81 with Boom Boom. She knows. Man, we were YOUNG, Ben. God bless us. We were young and didn't know any better, which was a GOOD thing. We just wanted to play hard on and off the field and do good stuff. :thumbup:

Now certain parts hurt from that abuse! :doh:

Yeah...I joined the Chocolatiers in September of 1977, I was only 13! Which meant I joined WS when I was 14! I learned a lot! :devil:

I'm thinking Jamie was gone by 80....I'll have to go heft that copy paper box with my programs off the shelf (I need to put it LOWER) and check the Forum program....hang on......(insert sounds of footsteps running to back room, me grunting as I lift the box off the shelf, and the sound of pages turning....me running back to the computer...

Yep 1979, no 1980....

Back then you couldn't swing a cat without hitting a Filipelli at a Westshore practice!!!! :tongue:

While back I asked Steve about Keystone and he joked the it was the "Filipelli Family Drum Corps". Paul Gieger knew Steve better than me at the time and thinks Steve had just come home from the Navy when Keystone started up or when we joined a bit later.

Andy - thank you. After reading History of Drum Corps Vol I & II and in house history of Hanover (corps started 1920), I learned a lot about how sbout how early corps operated. Let's jut say I relly got the bug to find more (and I did). PS - if you come across the "Hanover, PA Bears or Bairs" that's the Lancers old name (AL Post Harold Bair).

Jeff - 1926?? Dang!!

46. I typo'd

Now certain parts hurt from that abuse! :doh:

Yeah...I joined the Chocolatiers in September of 1977, I was only 13! Which meant I joined WS when I was 14! I learned a lot! :devil:

I'm thinking Jamie was gone by 80....I'll have to go heft that copy paper box with my programs off the shelf (I need to put it LOWER) and check the Forum program....hang on......(insert sounds of footsteps running to back room, me grunting as I lift the box off the shelf, and the sound of pages turning....me running back to the computer...

Yep 1979, no 1980....

Back then you couldn't swing a cat without hitting a Filipelli at a Westshore practice!!!! :tongue:

didn't Jamie jump over to the guard for 82/83?

didn't Jamie jump over to the guard for 82/83?

No. The only Filipelli in 82 & 83 was Steve, and he went over to keys at that point

If Jamie DID go to the guard, it was probably 80-81, but I don't remember him being there.

well I know Uncle Danny marched back in the day.

well I know Uncle Danny marched back in the day.

This probably belongs over in the other thread...but were there any other "legacies" that marched? (besides you) In the later waning years of the corps?!?!