Membership Openings

I'm picturing people (especially guys) my age (roughly 60) looking at "lead dancer/ story teller" and saying (politely - to themselves) What the ....

I am thinking Pepe for that job...he was quite the story teller.

• 3 weeks later...

So what about a corps like Pioneer that has A LOT of openings this year. It seems like they have resolved themselves to just having a smaller corps for 2011. Does this signal a lack of interest in this particular corps for some reason or is this a trend all over the drum corps world unless you are one of the top eight?

So what about a corps like Pioneer that has A LOT of openings this year. It seems like they have resolved themselves to just having a smaller corps for 2011. Does this signal a lack of interest in this particular corps for some reason or is this a trend all over the drum corps world unless you are one of the top eight?

SCV just announced openings last night. It's affecting almost every corps. It's injuries plus economics.

Prior to this season you can replace "top 8" with "top 12". It's always been the case that the higher placing corps experience less membership woes than the lower placing corps.