Band fees in Southern California made illegal

The solution seems pretty simple to me. If an academic institution needs a marching musical ensemble, then just hire a privately funded Drum & Bugle Corps. I'm sure they would be more than happy to oblige (for a specified fee of course), but they'll get the job done for ya. This may be an economic opportunity for Drum Corps. Just think of all the money we could milk out of the taxpayer! JUST KIDDING ! :tongue:

wow... what part of the country this is?

The HS band I work with (outside of DC) has fairly extensive fees (some would likely label them excessive): marching band uniform fees, food fees (snacks and pre-football game dinners), activity fees, marching shoes, gloves, band shirt, and a concert dress or tux (+accessories) for non-marching season.

South Portland, Maine.....we compete in Maine, NH, and Mass, and don't do football...ever.

The school department pays all the staff stipends: Director, Asst. Director(me), and 8 other paid staff. Our boosters pay for everything else....they run BINGO on Saturday nights. We also take coach busses to any show over 90 min ride.