Cadets Stop Rehearsals

CADETS STOP REHEARSALS !!!!

In an unprecedented move, the Cadets will stop all rehearsals at 5:30 pm today!

That's right .... no more practicing.

Instead, the corps will be sitting in lobbies and coffee houses across Johnstown logging on to Facebook and assisting in the final 6 hours of the CHASE COMMUNITY CHALLENGE.

George Hopkins said " The Cadet kids have been a 10 for the last week but we need them tonight. We just fell to fourth but we are close to second and third and who knows what is going to happen.

There are some non profits on the mix here that seem to have the ability to pull votes quickly. So, in the spirit of working until the end, and making a difference, and doing all you can, the members and the instructional team are logging on tonight"

Please join with the Cadets.

Vote for the Cadets

Vote for all of the Corps

and send this to any and every friend you have. Our goal is to end with 18000 votes or more. if we can do that ... we will be ok!

Go here for all of the corps http://www.march5.co/

Go here for Youth Education in the Arts --- http://apps.facebook.com/chasecommunitygiving/charities/222052456-youth-education-in-the-arts

and please ... go now !!!!

• Like 1

I'd like to mention that Santa Clara Vanguard is only 162 votes away from 25th - they are 27th right now, and in order to get any more money, they need to be 25th - please let's get them the 200 or 300 votes they need to get a little bit more cash.

You can vote for 5 different organizations, and there happens to be 5 drum corps organizations in the voting.

Cadets, Blue Devils, Glassmen, SCV and Drum Corps International.

Earlier today I felt too lazy to do any voting...but then I just went ahead and did it anyway - and it LITERALLY took me LESS THAN 2 MINUTES to complete my 5 votes.

Come on, guys, just freakin' do it...if we are really that fanatical about drum corps, which I know we are, then go take 1.8 minutes to click that link above and just vote.

BoyWander, a drum corps fan since 1999 and truck driver for the Blue Stars.

• Like 1

This is absurd. Stopping rehearsal for fundraising? The money should be going to cancer research or orphanages, not drum corps.

/troll

Edited by liebot
  • Like 9

This will be a great excuse when they don't win the championship. lol

• Like 3

If you want to vote for a cancer research charity, there might be one in there to vote for. Go ahead and do it.

BTW, drum corps is an activity ENTIRELY funded by donations and member fees. I'd say about 70% of the activity is funded by donations.

Maybe we should make DCI illegal and take all the money and give it to cancer research? Better yet, let's make cancer research illegal and give all the money to the starving people in Africa or wherever, they are in more immediate need, I'd say.

Are you some kind of communist, or totalitarian minded person, liebot?

Maybe Chase Bank should be punished for just not giving $2.5 million to cancer research or orphanages.

We are a democracy - Chase is letting us vote.

So far, Petfinder.com is winning. Petfinder must have more fans than drum corps, I guess, or at least better fans.

For someone with over 5,500 posts, I'd expect something a little more tasteful than what you just wrote.

Oh - and stopping rehearsal for one evening of fundraising?

At least GH is teaching his kids that sometimes something a little more important comes up that needs attending to - along with working as a team to achieve a desired result, that also goes along with drum corps, don't you think? Or are you worried that their show might be a half a point less entertaining?

Get real.

Edited by BoyWonder1911
  • Like 1

<snip>

Are you some kind of communist, or totalitarian minded person, liebot?

<snip>

Nope....he's a self-proclaimed troll looking to get a reaction like yours from folks.

• Like 1

? What do you mean by troll? I don't understand.

A "troll" is the slang term applied to an individual who knowingly makes inflammatory statements designed to elicit a reaction from others who take his/her statements seriously.

• Like 1

Well I don't know why anyone would purposefully do that...and if this Liebot was being sarcastic, then I apologize for the outburst, but how am I supposed to know?

I take things like this seriously.

Well at least people know where I'm coming from.

/rolls eyes

For the second time in two days, I will say successful troll is successful.

But in defense of liebot, I will say that Chase should give the money to a "more worthy" (qualifications are subject, hence quotes) cause

Drum corps could always raise money like they always have.